Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spybot 2: Third party cookies and flash cookies?

We've got plans to make the Settings window easier to navigate (no more tabs at the top, the more there are, the less intuitive and fast to navigate it is), when that happens, an Undo page sounds like a good idea
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Looking over this thread I appreciate all that you guys have done. However, I have a question. I don't have FEBE but I do have Xmarks; how do I safely delete it (and it's folders or whatever) and then reinstall and get everything back the way it was?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetAndy View Post
    Looking over this thread I appreciate all that you guys have done. However, I have a question. I don't have FEBE but I do have Xmarks; how do I safely delete it (and it's folders or whatever) and then reinstall and get everything back the way it was?
    Try just uninstall and reinstall through firefox, that worked for me with xmarks. I didn't even have to log in again. Even if you do, everything on xmarks is saved online with your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Forcen View Post
    Try just uninstall and reinstall through firefox, that worked for me with xmarks. I didn't even have to log in again. Even if you do, everything on xmarks is saved online with your account.
    Tried it but didn't work for me. Even consulted with the xmarks people and they confirmed what to do. Still blocks 3rd party cookies even though it says it doesn't in the FF options. My Spybot shows two firefox entries one 100 percent and one zero percent.

Confusing.

Finally, I think I got it fixed. I had to go into

Options>Privacy>Accept cookies from sites>Exceptions

and clear all the exceptions. Now it seems to work ok.

We will see.

Angry Pissed about Third Party Cookies...Spybot FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    We've got plans to make the Settings window easier to navigate (no more tabs at the top, the more there are, the less intuitive and fast to navigate it is), when that happens, an Undo page sounds like a good idea
    An undo page sounds good? How about just starting by reverting the system changes you've made previously upon uninstall? I've fought with this damn problem for hours and hours now, have uninstalled Spybot and it STILL CONTROLS MY FIREFOX COOKIES....NOT COOL! I've follow instructions in this thread, I followed the instructions in Spybot's "Help" file before uninstalling, nothing has worked. Now, after wasting enough of my time, I'm forced to log in to sites every damn time I go there. What a complete function fail on the part of Spybot. Fix this in your app and provide a REAL, ACCURATE FIX FOR THOSE IN OUR SITUATION!! Yes, that's a demand, and not likely to be received well...but I don't receive programs that fk my settings up with no recourse very well either!

Angry Livid...

My patience has really, really run dry on this one. WTF is Spybot doing to my settings that overrides the manual settings even after the program is removed? I've removed Spybot, I've uninstalled Firefox, reinstalled Firefox with a new profile, manually changed the cookie settings in about:config, confirmed repeatedly that 'accept third party cookies' is selected in Options....yet for some godforsaken reason, the settings always revert....REGARDLESS. SPYBOT ISN'T EVEN INSTALLED!!!

As a web developer who has to visit the same list of sites up to 50 times a day, having to log in EVERY SINGLE TIME is really fking with my workflow and wasting my time. SPYBOT.....there's a reason Firefox offers the ability to manage passwords.....WHY ARE YOU SCREWING WITH THIS ARBITRARILY???

Provide a REAL fix, not your mediocre suggestion in the "Help" file that does absolutely nothing.

Permissions.sqlite may be corrupted. However, a new Firefox profile would have a clean Permissions.sqlite so there might be another security program causing the problem.

See

[Solved.] Cookie handling utterly boinked by v17.0

Cookie exceptions disappear in Firefox 17 vs 16

Do Cookie Exceptions Override Third-Party Cookie Blocking?

Thank you Gopher John, I will try anything at this point!