Thread: Spybot 2 causing explorer.exe crash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by st10f View Post
    Just wanted to say this is still an issue in windows 8.1

Apologies for hijacking an old thread, but just wanted to let you know that I've just had this issue. As soon as I uninstalled the windows explorer integration, explorer stopped crashing on right click. I installed the integrations again to test if it did cause a crash and it did.
    Yes its not solved.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

Hi, I’ve also been having problems since updating to 2.2 from 1.6x. Using Autoruns, I narrowed the problem to SSD, but after reading the above posts, I re-enabled SSD and disabled my nVidia entry, et voila, right clicking now causes no problems. My video card is a GeForce GT330M.
    The nVidia entry is
    NvCplDesktopContext NVIDIA Corporation c:\windows\system32\nvshext.dll
    I’m running Win7 Ultimate SP1 x64, and only had right click issues when clicking on drives under computer on left hand side of explorer pane. I had no issues with other folders or files.
    There does appear to be a strange entry for SSD as follows:
    There are 4 entries as follows under
    HKLM\Software\Classes\*\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers,
    SDECon32 Windows Explorer context menu integration Safer-Networking Ltd. c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy 2\sdecon64.dll
    SDECon32 Windows Explorer context menu integration Safer-Networking Ltd. c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy 2\sdecon32.dll
    SDECon64 Windows Explorer context menu integration Safer-Networking Ltd. c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy 2\sdecon64.dll
    SDECon64 Windows Explorer context menu integration Safer-Networking Ltd. c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy 2\sdecon32.dll
    The same 4 entries appear at HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers.
    The first 3 can be enabled/disabled in autoruns, but the 4th in both places generates the error “Error changing item state: the system cannot find the file specified”, when trying to re-enable. Even though the box remains unchecked in Autoruns, if it is closed down and restarted, the item is once again checked.
    My main computer has the same issue (identical os), running a GeForce GTX460 video card. Disabling nVidia here has also worked.
    I have no idea if this is a bug in SSD, or (more likely) a conflict with nVidia, but I figure you can never have too much data!! Personally I have no use for the nVidia context menu, so will leave it disabled.
    Thanks for all the hard work on SSD, it’s much appreciated.
    Roo

Default nVidia and Spybot S&D shell extension interatcion problem

Same issue here with a slightly older version of nVidia GT 330M driver (310.90) and Spybot 2.2.21.129. Disabling either one or the other shell extension stops the crashes.

Also, a huge plug for ShellExView by NirSoft. Without this gem I would have never found the problem.

Any idea when this will be fixed?