Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spybot Found 'OptimumInstaller' - Questions

I was looking for info on this,and here it is on my own computer.
    I have Google toolbar on Internet Explorer,which I hardly ever use,and I have the same C:\ProgramData\Google\Custom Buttons\toolbar.google.com_O8Y91YHB24Z6SR0SGYSK.XML file.
    That file looks like it has something to do with custom buttons on Google toolbar,or something like that.I hardly ever use Internet Explorer,and I'm pretty sure my Google toolbar is just the standard,run-of-the-mill ordinary toolbar which hasn't been added to by anything.
    So,unless some part of something to do with optimum installer is included with Google toolbar by default,then I think this might be a false positive.You could still ask about it in the false positives forum if you like.

This is what I think happened to both of us. I downloaded some mainstream software (not 100% sure I am correct, so I won't mention which one). The software came bundled with the Google Toolbar for IE (I never use IE). I just uninstalled the Google Toolbar for IE.

I believe that Optimum Installer can download with other bundled software, so it came along for the ride.

I may be wrong, and it may be a FP, however, everything seems to be working fine since I deleted the 'Optimum Installer' find with Spybot. If the Google Toolbar for IE was affected by me deleting Optimum Installer, then I will probably never know it.

If you discover any more info on this, please post it. Thanks.