I don't care what anyone says I'm convinced Sweetim is spyware. It won't go away regardless of what I do

Steps I've taken:
- Removed Sweet IM and Sweetpacks from the control panel
- I removed it as a default search, homepage and from my new tab on both firefox and internet explorer
- I removed it from the search toolbar on both firefox and internet explorer
- I've preformed full virus scans with Microsoft essentials. It found nothing
- I've preformed malware scans with Malwarebytes. Currently still in trial stage so have full coverage. It found nothing related to sweetim.

BUT!!!!
- When i turn on my labtop I get this lovely little message that pops up in the right bottom corner of my desktop from Sweetim saying something to the effect of: We noticed that you've been using the sweetim firefox toolbar. To uninstall click here. I still get this message after the virus and malware scans.

Also...
- Microsoft word is now getting error messages when I press "enter" and shut down.
- my laptop now turns off sometimes if i move around while on
- the other day it went into stand-by and wouldn't turn when I pressed the power button.

Forgive me I'm not terribly computer savy. I figure the last two issues are hardware related, my computer is almost 5 years old and is well traveled, as I'm a student constantly on the go. I need serious help!!