Thread: Spybot won't immunize all

Default Spybot won't immunize all

I bought a new laptop and installed Spybot. When I try to immunize it will only protect Firefox but will not add ANY protections to IE 8 nor Global. I received a pop-up telling me that the issue could be Zone Alarm or AVG so I turned both of them off and still receive the same error. I am running Windows 7 Home - 32 bit.

I've searched this forum and the Internet but can't seem to locate a solution. I also did all of my Windows updates so that isn't the issue. Please advise as I am very frustrated by this. I don't want to be without the full protection of Spybot. Thank you for your attention and assistance.

Hello,

Did you open Spybot with a right click and choose "run as admin"?
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html
    Did you close your browser?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Sandra,

I normally run Spybot with a simple left click of the taskbar icon. As I am the only one using my computer I am the Admin person.

I did as listed and it did work. Is this a W7 thing that I have to right-click and select run as Admin even though I am the Admin? Also why did I only have the issue with IE8 and not Firefox? Semi-rhetorical questions, just curious.

Thanks for the quick (and accurate) solution. Do have a good evening.

~ W

Hello,

This is a Vista/Windows 7 issue that you need explicit admin rights to perform some steps.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Having same issue with Win 7 Home Premium

I'm running as Administrator, and changed compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 3, which was on my old computer, but the immunization only goes to about a quarter of the files there, but able to run scans successfully (S&D found a file). Using Firefox, with which I had no problem there before.

Hello,

So the immunization gets stuck or what?
    Please report your problem a little more detailed.
    Thanks.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I am having the same problem with install on Win 8. I have set Spybot to run with administrator privileges. The counter shows there are 109597 Unprotected, and after immunization it shows that there are 77257 protected. The immunization process proceeds normally with no errors.

Initially I tried to immunize without setting Spybot to run with administrative privileges and got the error msg that I didn't have adequate privileges to perform the task. Changed privileges of SpybotSD.exe to run as as administrator.

Hello,

You did post in a very old thread and you are running an old version of Spybot - Search & Destroy.
    I would simply recommend to upgrade to Spybot 2.
    Please uninstall the older version of Spybot - Search & Destroy before installing the new version.
    In order to uninstall Spybot-S&D, please consider the following link.
    Then download the new version of Spybot - Search & Destroy.
    You will find links to several download locations on our website.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thank you. Install seems to have worked. Appreciate your help.