Thread: Chrome Infected withallsearchapp

Default Chrome Infected withallsearchapp

The default page on my Chrome is http://proxy.allsearchapp.com and I cannot remove it, I'm pretty sure Chrome is infected. I read the post 'BEFORE YOU POST' but I am very nervous before running any software on my PC especially knowing that it's already infected. Please patiently walk me through what steps I need to do to remove allsearchapp malware. I got from the 'BEFORE YOU POST' is to run ERUNT to backup registry and run DDS to get a log.

Thanks
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-03-31 at 09:39. Reason: Disabled link

Hi etsdca:

Sorry for being late.

Since you did not post any log, I assume you are using windows 7/vista. If you are using Windows XP, please use double click instead of right click.

1. TDSSKiller
    Please download TDSSKiller.exe and save it to your Desktop.
    • Right click on TDSSKiller.exe and select "Run As Administrator" to run it. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
    • When the TDSSKiller finish loading, click on Change parameters.
    • Tick the Detect TDLFS file system and click ok.
    • Click on Start Scan, the scan will run.
    • When the scan has finished, if it finds anything please click on the drop down arrow next to Cure and select Skip
    • Now click on Report to open the log file created by TDSSKiller in your root directory C:\
    • To find the log go to Start > Computer > C:
    • Post the contents of that log in your next reply please.
    • DO NOT TRY TO FIX ANYTHING AT THIS POINT

2. OTL
    Please download OTL ... by Old Timer . Save it to your Desktop.
    • Right click on OTL.exe and select "Run As Administrator" to run it. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
    • Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
    • Click the Scan All Users checkbox.
      Leave the remaining selections to the default settings.
    • Click on Run Scan at the top left hand corner.
    • When done, two Notepad files will open.
      • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened, maximized
      • Extras.txt <-- Will be minimized on task bar.
    • Please post the contents of both OTL.txt and Extras.txt files in your next reply.

3. Have you manage to create a registry backup?

thanks,
    torreattack
    Graduate of Malware Removal University, - You too could train to help others

This thread has been closed due to inactivity. As it has been three days or more since your last post, it will not be re-opened.

If you still require help start a new topic and include the DDS and aswMBR logs with a link to your previous thread.

Please do not add any logs that might have been requested previously, you would be starting fresh.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start your own topic.
    Graduate of Malware Removal University, - You too could train to help others