Thread: [Issue 062] immunization

Default [Issue 062] immunization

Whenever I immunize my system it tells me all bad products are blocked but when I leave spybot or tell it to check again it says an additional 170 protections are possible. I have repeatedly tried to immunize but the same 170 keep coming back. I've searched the forum but didn't see a similiar post. Anyone know whats going on? Thanks.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The problem with not being able to fully immunize usually is because of other products running in your system. Some third party Internet Explorer tools and anti-spyware products affect Spybot's immunization:
    • Cookie Pal removes cookie blocking registry entries put in place by Spybot.
    • Webroot’s Spy Sweeper IE Security Shield blocks some of the restricted zone entries that Spybot attempts to add to the registry.
    • Every once and a while immunizing with Spybot, Microsoft AntiSpyware reports that something is being added to the Trusted Sites Zone in Internet explorer. The report from Microsoft AntiSpyware is a false positive.
    • If you use other products such as SpywareBlaster, IE-Spyad, etc. that also add the same type of registry entries that Spybot uses and then remove those products, it can remove some of Spybot's immunization.

What other anti-spyware programs are you running?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Ad-aware, windows defender, mcafee anti-spyware, norton internet security (virus/antispyware), zone-alarm pro anti-spyware (scanner built into firewall) and of course spybot (my personal favorite).

ps windows defender was formerly know as microsoft anti-spyware

I checked my logs and McAfee's real-time protection was blocking it. I disabled it and immunization worked. Thanks for the help.