Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get rid of DELTA SEARCH

Default How to get rid of DELTA SEARCH

There must be another way that I'm not aware of to 86 this product that takes over your Home Page.I've tried the basics : add remove...internet options
    etc. I don't recall any programs that I could not get rid of at all,so this is A first for me...Thanks, for your help !

Hello davethewave,

Typically such toolbars are bundled with various third party software. During installation a pre-checked box is often presented which if left checked will give consent to install the toolbar and also change your homepage and default search engine.

Of interest, TonyKlein's post: http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r27994460-

Please list:
    Your browser.
    Operating system.
    Security programs installed.

If you'd rather someone takes a look at the system instead of going back and forth in this thread start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise when available.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide DDS and aswMBR logs, which are used in the preliminary analysis.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Delta search service department

Quote Originally Posted by davethewave View Post
    There must be another way that I'm not aware of to 86 this product that takes over your Home Page.I've tried the basics : add remove...internet options
    etc. I don't recall any programs that I could not get rid of at all,so this is A first for me...Thanks, for your help !
    Hello,
    I am from Delta Search Support Department. I am sorry to hear about your frustrations with the removal of Delta Search, I can help you take care of it right away.
    In order to remove Delta, all you need to do is locate your browser from the selection below and follow the steps.
    If you have any problems, just send us a message at (REMOVED email address) and we will be happy to provide further assistance.

If you're using Google Chrome:
    1. Open Google Chrome, click on the "Options" icon by the right side of the address bar; click on Settings:
    2. Under "On startup", choose the option "Open a specific page or set of pages."
    3. Click on "Set pages" and delete Delta's page from the list by clicking the small "x" icon besides it.
    To change the Search Engine in Google Chrome:
    1. Open Google Chrome, click on the "Options" icon by the right side of the address bar;
    2. Click on Settings > Under "Search" click on "Manage search engines...":
    If you see Delta Search as default, please click on a different option (Google, Bing etc.), make it default
    3. Remove Delta by clicking the small 'x'
    Also check if any Delta extension were installed in Google Chrome:
    1. Open Google Chrome, click on the "Options" icon on the right side of the address bar:
    2. Go to Tools > Extensions.
    3. Remove any Delta extension (Translator, Toolbar) from the list by clicking on the small trash can icon that will appear when you point the cursor over it.
    If you're using Internet Explorer:
    1. Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
    If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
    2. Search for Delta toolbar on IE in the list. Select the program and click the Remove button.
    If you are using Windows Vista/7, click Uninstall up near the top of that window.
    3. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools >> Manage Add-ons.
    4. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Uninstall everything related to Delta Ltd. from the list: Delta toolbar, Delta toolbar helper, Delta IE plugin, DeltaToolbar.com, etc.
    5. Select Search Providers. First, choose Bing search engine and make it your default search provider (set as default). Then select Search the web (Delta) and click Remove button to uninstall it (lower right corner of the window).
    6. Go to Tools → Internet Options. Select General tab and click Use default button or enter your own website, e.g. gooog.com instead of search.Delta.com. Click OK to save the changes.
    If you're using Mozilla Firefox:
    1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools >> Add-ons.
    2. Select Extensions. Uninstall the following extension: Delta 1.1.9 to remove the Delta Toolbar.
    3. Click the small magnifier icon at the right top corner. Select Manage Search Engines from the list.
    4. Select Search the web (Delta) and click Remove button. Click OK to save the changes.
    5. Go to Tools >> Options. Under the General tab reset the startup homepage.

Hope it solved your problem!
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-05-20 at 16:41. Reason: Moved from Spybot-S&D support to the Tavern

Default getting rid of delta search if you're with mozilla

Quote Originally Posted by davethewave View Post
    Hi there, this has been the bane of my existence for a while now too! Delta search seemed to be impossible to remove from my new tab search. Tonight I finally discovered the answer WHOO HOO!! And so I came on here and registered JUST to share it with whoever may be suffering with the same problem. Simply click on this link https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...-tab-homepage/ and download the addon listed. When they ask if you would like to use Delta search make sure you have NOT checked the box to do so... then continue. It finally worked for me... I am celebrating tonight haha!!

Default removing Delta search

Hi

Can anyone assist please? After running Spybot and subsequently removing the Delta Toolbar malware,whenever I open a new tab it is always Delta search! Further Spybot scans give my system a clean bill of health, with no mention of Delta.

Delta does not appear in my "uninstall a program" listing, and is not listed as a search provider in my Internet Explorer add-ons.

I am running Windows 7 Home Edition, IE8 and have Zonealarm and Spybot installed - has anyone had a similar experience, and have been able to remove Delta, as it is very frustrating to say the least!

Thanks in advance

gladrad

Hello gladrad,

Please see post #2 in this thread.

Best regards.

Hi Tashi

Thanks for response, appreciated.

I am quite a novice regarding the technical side of computers, so unfortunately post #2 does not seem to help me due to my abysmal computer knowledge, however thanks for input.

Regards
    gladrad

Hi gladrad,

Quote Originally Posted by gladrad View Post
    I am running Windows 7 Home Edition, IE8
    Is there a reason you haven't upgraded IE, it is up to version 10.

Hi Tashi

No particular reason at all, I suppose it has been a case of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" syndrome, that is until now!
    Will upgrading rid me of the Delta search? - Will try it anyway.

Thanks

gladrad

Let us know how it goes.