The following instructions have been created to help you to get rid of "Ero.Pchd" manually.
Use this guide at your own risk; software should usually be better suited to remove malware, since it is able to look deeper.
If this guide was helpful to you, please consider donating towards this site.
Ero.Pchd is a tool which shows lightly dressed and dancing women on the user's desktop. The user can turn the tool on and off by clicking on the red square, with an e inside, in the taskbar.Removal Instructions:
Files are digitally signed to Comtek Ltd. while Eula is from Onwa Ltd. Installer shows no age restrictions.
Please use Spybot-S&D, RunAlyzer or msconfig.exe to remove the following autorun entries.
- Entries named "EroRuPlayer" and pointing to "*.exe".
Installed Software List:
You can try to uninstall products with the names listed below; for items identified by other properties or to avoid malware getting active again on uninstallation, use Spybot-S&D or RunAlyzer to locate and get rid of these entries.
- Products that have a key or property named "pchd".
Important: There are more files that cannot be safely described in simple words. Please use Spybot-S&D to remove them.
Please use Windows Explorer or another file manager of your choice to locate and delete these folders.
Make sure you set your file manager to display hidden and system files. If Ero.Pchd uses rootkit technologies, use our RootAlyzer or our Total Commander anti-rootkit plugins.
- The directory at "<$PROGRAMFILES>\pchd".
- The directory at "<$PROGRAMS>\pchd".
- The directory at "<$SYSDRIVE>\pchd\download".
- The directory at "<$SYSDRIVE>\pchd".
You will have to use a global search for files without a name specified. Be extra careful, because just the name might not be enough to identify folders!
You can use regedit.exe (included in Windows) to locate and delete these registry entries.
If Ero.Pchd uses rootkit technologies, use our RegAlyzer, RootAlyzer or our Total Commander anti-rootkit plugins.
- Delete the registry key "pchd" at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\".
If neither Spybot-S&D nor self help did resolve the issue or you would prefer one on one help,
- Please read these instructions before requesting assistance,
- Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a volunteer analyst will advise you as soon as available.
There are more files or system entries belonging to this product that <$SPYBOTSD> can remove, but that cannot be easily described in text. Please use <$SPYBOTSD> to make sure <$PRODUCTNAME> gets completely removed.