I had Spybot running on my Windows 2000 machine. I was unable to launch Spybot to the point where it would allow me to search for updates. In addition, launching MS Word 2003 was becoming very very slow. I decided to uninstall Spybot with the intent of re-installing to see if I could then get updates. When I called up the uninstall option from Spybot within the Start pulldown menu, the uninstall wizard did not launch. I then went to the control panel and tried uninstalling from there. The uninstall wizard would pop up momentarily asking if I really wanted to do this, then it would disappear. After several attempts of hitting uninstall then rapidly hitting tab to move from the default "no" to the "yes" I do want to uninstall then hitting enter, I finally got the system to uninstall. Now, when I try to use google to search on Spybot or I try to enter the safer-networking address directly in either Mozilla or Explorer, the browsers shut down. I am writing this email from a different computer.

Any help?

Steve