Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: antivirus update error

You're getting an error occurred during antivirus updates,but the antispyware updates download fine?I hadn't noticed anybody with this issue for a long time.

You can get spybotsd2-install-bdcore-update.exe manually here:
    https://www.facebook.com/SpybotSearc...93652860669978
    I checked and that version matches the current version in my Spybot folder,so it should be okay to download and install if you need it.

Default Worked for me

"Please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 and see if spybotsd2-install-bdcore-update.exe is in there.If it is,doubleclick it and follow the prompts."

After downloading the last program version update, something went wrong causing my idle CPU use to double or triple and the Windows pointer always flashing the background timer symbol (there were other manifestations). SpyBot status was always 'update in progress' for several days with no errors displayed during manual spyware/virus updates.

Uninstalled/Reinstalled my Pro edition and that fixed my CPU background problem, but then got the antivirus update error on first several manual update attempts after the reinstall. The above fix worked and now everything is back to normal; SpyBot status: 'This software is up to date', idle CPU time between 4 & 5%.

Why do some people assume everyone is on facebook?

I just stopped scanning the system, and it unblocked the antivirus update. Do the updates before scanning avoid this error for me.