Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trojan

Emeritus-Security Expert

Can you just right click on the file on your desktop and select SEND TO........COMPRESSED ZIP FILE ??
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Excuse me, I did not know, that windows 7 suppoerts that function............
    Attached Files Attached Files

Emeritus-Security Expert

Log looks ok. How is your system running ?

ESET Online Scanner
    I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

*Note
    It is recommended to disable onboard antivirus program and antispyware programs while performing scans so there are no conflicts and it will speed up scan time.
    Please don't go surfing while your resident protection is disabled!
    Once the scan is finished remember to re-enable your antivirus along with your antispyware programs.

1. Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
      ESET OnlineScan
    2. Click the button.
    3. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
      1. Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
      2. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
    4. Check
    5. Click the button.
    6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
    7. Check
    8. Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked
    9. Push the Start button.
    10. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin
      scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
    11. When the scan completes, push
    12. Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as
      ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
    13. Push the button.
    14. Push
    Please make sure you include the following items in your next post:
    The log that was produced after running ESET Online Scanner.

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Hi,

so...I installed and run the programm.
    It did not find anything, so I was not able to get a text file.
    I made a screenshot from the result.

So a false positive?
    Is there anything I can do Spybot wont find that the next time I run it????
    And how do I get rid of these weird registry entries (track) emtioned in the scan? (see capture 2)

Thank you so much for your time and patience!!!!!
    i really appreciate it......
    Now I can take care of other problems...............nice DOS attacks for example..............
    Never ending story with the Windows engine..............

sdy234
    Attached Images Attached Images

Emeritus-Security Expert

What are you referring to as DOS attacks ?

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Hi,

that is something my router showed me in its logfile....timestamps of DOS attacks.... am working on it....means work on getting smarter..........
    the routers software sucks, sorry..... can't block Mac or IP adresses............the router i had in europe was by far better to handle.........

Emeritus-Security Expert

Seems to me you should reset your router and your cable/DSL modem. Then install a good firewall

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-firewall.htm

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

guess I am blonde............

I know Internet got super insecure nowadays. I am working on getting smarter....the books are piling up....but all these PC issues keep me away from studying them..............and honestly, my mind is set to transfer to Linux. But I need this windows engine for my spouse............and I am the only one careing for Updates/Antivirus/ etc............

I have never had so many issues at once.......
    Because of these DOS Attacks and a MAC Adress that always gets rejected and does not belong to any of our devices (I checked them all), I shut down the whole system, if we do not need it.

Pulling the plug.
    Maybe not the most advanced way to solve the problem.....

I studied the manual from my router..... it is weird, that I do not find the firewallsettings in my routers settings as described in the manual.... I checked all menue entries............ ?????????

As far as resetting......I guess you do not mean just to unplug the modem/router plug.... right......

I wished I knew more about this Tech stuff..... its not a lack of interest, more finding the right sources and internet is great, but it takes sometimes forever to find qualified information, that gives you hands on advice.........

I really do hope to meet some people here in the future (who know more than me) I can bother with my questions.......

I knew about zonealarm, but can't tell you, why I did not install it after the recovery I did in December....
    Was not sure if it is compatible with the windows firewall...guess that was the problem....
    Is it compatible with Windows-Firewall and Avast?

So, reset the whole system. Sounds good to me........makes sense.........
    But, how do I do that? is it that Factory reset Button in the router setting software?
    And still, there are so many things I do need to make research on from WSP till port forwarding, port triggering...........and so on.....list is endless long.
    My magnetboard is full with topics to learn.
    The transfer from a just windowclicking person without knowing what really is going on, I work my way through, to a person, that understands the system under the hud. But it really is a challenge right now and time consuming

But I am working on it.
    Like I mentioned before..... if it was just my engine..... Linux. Immediately! And my personal pc will be hopefully soon transfered to Linux.
    But that has to wait till this windows engine is ready to go..... and secure.

Wished I would have studied that computer stuff or have more people around me who are interested in that stuff.....

I know, you are here to help with malware removal..... but if you could give me advice how to reset that whole system, it would be great.

I really do apologize for asking so much!

sdy234

Emeritus-Security Expert

Good Morning,

Let me ask you, why would hackers want to hit a home user with a DDOS attack, you must be reading the log wrong. If you install Zone Alarm it will turn off the windows firewall as just like Anti Virus you just need one, more than one AV and Firewall are just overkill and can cause problems. Zone Alarm is great and will block most attacks in and out of your computer. Its somewhat normal to have a firewall block access.

The router has a reset button , most are on the back or the bottom of the unit, you just press it in with a ball point pen or paper clip and hold it in for 10 seconds or so and it clears the router...BUT...then you will have to reinstall it to get back online, so you have the disk that came with it.? You can also turn off your computer, turn off the router by pulling the power cord out of the back of it, then turn off your modem the same way. Then let it all set for about 5 minutes this will flush it all out. Then turn back on your modem first and wait until all the lights come back on, then your router, same thing, then turn your computer back on.

Let me know what you want to do

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Good evening,

believe my this laptop is the most uninteresting one ever........after a recovery with deleting all files anyway.
    How do I interpret this then right? Wouldn't insist I make mistakes here....

[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address 4c:82:cf:80:0e:96, Thursday, January 09,2014 21:43:00
    [DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 17.149.36.122, port 443, Thursday, January 09,2014 21:42:55
    [WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address 4c:82:cf:80:0e:96, Thursday, January 09,2014 21:42:51
    [DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 74.125.20.188, port 5228, Thursday, January 09,2014 21:42:41
    [WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address 4c:82:cf:80:0e:96, Thursday, January 09,2014 21:42:41

The DOS stopped. Do not know why. But whenever I turn on the wireless signal, this MAC adress glues on me.......... every few minutes....

I would like to do a clean reset. Building up the internetconnection , router, modem relationship from scratch.
    Would like to delete the network in windows, too.

I was just wondering, if I turn off the SSID sending signal....my before attached ipad cant connect anymore.
    Some settings like Broadcast signal, are every time turned on back, even I turn it of and leave the settings....
    In the manual are Firewall settings explained, (and it is the right model one) , but cant find them either....

I will install zonealarm, but remember having there problems to with entries, that want to connect, but their names were not clear to me, what exactly it is....

This does not tell me anything either....regarding that sticky MAC adress of mine.............

Company Echostar Technologies
    Prefix 4C:82:CF
    Address space 4C:82:CF:00:00:00 - 4C:82:CFFF:FF
    Address 94 Inverness Terrace E
    Englewood CO 80112
    United States

will get to work.

sdy234