Quote Originally Posted by Kane142 View Post
I am another with this problem.

I am running Windows 8.1 (64-bit) with Spybot+AV 2.3 Home Edition.

I can't do a System Scan, because I am missing some antivirus signatures. An update, however, fails to install these signatures.

I run Spybot with Admin privileges. The antimalware updates complete with no problems, and I can run Immunization.

The files it complains about are:

av\Plugins\7zip.xmd
e_spyw.i00
e_spyw.i49
emalware.000
emalware.594
zoo.xmd

I look in the av\Plugins directory, and I see all of these files present, but with an *.upd" suffix (which most of the files in this directory have).

If I delete these 6 files (viz., their *.upd versions), SpyBot Update will re-download them but then fails. There is no log file I can find that mentions what the failure is.

Since there are a lot of "*.upd" files present, but no files of the same name without the "*.upd", I am assuming these "*.upd" files are in fact (all) used to update another, database(?) file, and it is this update that is failing. Possibility these 6 update files are malformed, aborting the database(?) update, and leaving SpyBot without a complete or consistent set of antivirus signatures to work with.

Like everybody else, this is a very recent occurrence with me: Up until recently SpyBot was running OK.

I look forward to a fix.
and now? the larch? I tried for several days now to update. no probs with antimalware and immunization. but the AV-updates won't work - they were downloaded but not installed. and I cannot find any post how to get around this.