Thread: Fix screen freezes and never executes fixes

Question Fix screen freezes and never executes fixes

Hello,

I just bought your excellent spybot home edition version. I am impressed with the breadth and depth of it's capabilities.

I have acquired a virus of some sort that replicates windows explorer multiple times and the process becomes very large until the computer runs out of space.

i am deleting these processes as i write this. spybot isolated the malware to one folder:

users/NAME/AppData/Local

I have run the scan twice and when I hit "fix" the system freezes and never executes the fixes.

also i would like to know how i can just access the above directory to scan so i can remove threats. but it doesn't come up when i select the scan folder option.

thank you in advance.

Blueskygal

Hello blueskygal,

Quote Originally Posted by blueskygal View Post
    I have acquired a virus of some sort that replicates windows explorer multiple times and the process becomes very large until the computer runs out of space.
    It would be best if someone takes a look at the system.

Please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise you.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide DDS and aswMBR logs, which are used in the preliminary analysis.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

If you cannot provide the logs because of the infection please start a new topic anyway and post that information.

Best regards.
    Last edited by tashi; 2014-06-30 at 03:44. Reason: clarify
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016