Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: iexplorer keeps replicating creating large files

Default All done with 2 questions

Hello OCD,

When down your checklist and did as asked.

Re: the anti-virus & cryptoware sw -- i purchased the spybot home version. Doesn't it do these functions?

Thanks.
    Blueskyal

P.S. System is running spiffy. I think i know how i got this virus - i opened an email i shouldn't have. i have never done that all these years. also this computer was out of use for 2 years -- so i did all the microsoft updates but probably not the others which made it vulnerable as well.

Malware Team-Emeritus

Hi blueskygal,

Re: the anti-virus & cryptoware sw -- i purchased the spybot home version. Doesn't it do these functions?
    The items listed in the bottom portion of my last post are to be implemented as you see fit. Some or all, may or may not apply to your specific situation. Add what you need accordingly. But remember only one (1) Anti-Virus and one (1) Firewall is needed. Using more than one of either is counterproductive.

Also, as you stated you didn't have updates for some of your other software. That too can lead to making your computer vulnerable to infection. Be sure to keep Java and Adobe Flash updated as well as these are two (2) primary programs that are targeted for exploitation.

If you have no other questions or comments I will make your thread solved and close it. Please reply back and let me know.
    OCD
    ----------
    Graduate of WTT Classroom
    Member of UNITE

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days

Default A-ok

Everything is good. OK to close case.

Thank you for all your patience and help!

Best regards,
    Blueskyga.

Malware Team-Emeritus

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad I could help.

If you still require help, please start a new topic and include fresh DDS and aswMBR logs, along with a link to your previous thread.

Please do not add any logs that might have been requested previously, you would be starting fresh.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start your own topic.
    OCD
    ----------
    Graduate of WTT Classroom
    Member of UNITE

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days