Thread: Spybot Command Line Scan Not Working

Default Spybot Command Line Scan Not Working

Hi,
    I'm looking to roll SSAD into a script and so want to run it all from the command line. I'm just in the testing stage at the moment but simply can't get it to begin a scan via the command line. I don't know if it requires an initial scan to take place before you can run others from the command line, if this is the case then I will need to look elsewhere as this is no good to me. I plan to silently install and then scan all via command line interfaces.

I already know that I can get the command line options with /help when running a module.
    When running sdscan /help I can see the flags /scan which says "Starts a scan immediately" and /autoclean "initiates automatic removal of results"

I have tried running:
    sdscan.exe /scan
    sdscan.exe /autoclean

In both cases I just get the GUI titled "System Scan (Spybot - s&d 2.4, administrator priviledges)" with the option to "start scan" in the left pane and three boxes "Last System scan" (Your computer has not been scanned yet), "tracking cookies" (congrats, 1 browser profile rejected 3rd party cookies) and "range of detections" with a "get antivirus!" button.

I would expect the GUI to open and the scan to start, why is this not happening?? Is this because an initial system scan hasn't taken place and it's being funny about it?
    I've managed to get other flags working such as ./sdupdate.exe /autoupdate however I noticed I had updated for the first time BEFORE I ran this command and it ran fine.
    Is there another executable I should be running?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Hello.
    Which edition of Spybot do you have?If it's the free version,then command line parameters aren't available.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/private/compare/

If it's not that,then I'll just post what I typed up before finding that:
    I would expect the GUI to open and the scan to start, why is this not happening?? Is this because an initial system scan hasn't taken place and it's being funny about it?
    No,it shouldn't be because you haven't done a scan before,because I just installed Spybot 2.4 and sdscan.exe started scanning,and I had the red "You haven't performed a scan yet" warning at the top.
    Not sure what is causing your's not to.Assuming you're running Windows Vista or higher,I tried running cmd without running as administrator and the scan still starts,you just get the UAC prompt.
    I tried sdscan.exe/scan without the space between expecting it to just open the GUI,but it opened scanning.
    The only way,so far,that I've been able to get it to open without scanning is typing in sdscan.exe without the /scan part.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2014-07-25 at 23:04.

Thanks very much for your response, I was testing this out with the free one so it makes a lot of sense that the command line flags don't work! I'll investigate with a paid version and hopefully that will solve my issues.
    Thanks for your help!

You're welcome.