Thread: How much to pass my adware?

Default How much to pass my adware?

I may be wrong, and I can't not prove it. I now believe the big anti-malware/antii-spyware companies like spybot are in bed with certain malware/spyware folks. I just ran slimcleaner then spybot both with full updates and neither of you can kill the usual suspects like "ad-choices" BS. For the amount of money in advertising, if I had a good bug and paid you $5M for you to look the other way.....tell me you wouldn't take it and look the other way.
    Last edited by timotb; 2014-07-27 at 04:32.

Hello timotb,

Quote Originally Posted by timotb View Post
    How much to pass my adware?

I may be wrong, and I can't not prove it. I now believe the big anti-malware/antii-spyware companies like spybot are in bed with certain malware/spyware folks. I just ran slimcleaner then spybot both with full updates and neither of you can kill the usual suspects like "ad-choices" BS. For the amount of money in advertising, if I had a good bug and paid you $5M for you to look the other way.....tell me you wouldn't take it and look the other way.

That's a strange accusation.

Is your computer infected and would you like assistance to clean it?

Please list:

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

version: 2.3.39.0 update: 2.3.39.94. Windows 7. Slimcleaner, Microsoft Security Essentials. Computer new as of spring 2014, no unusual issues with performance.

My point is how could spybot miss such a common malware program like ad choices? We the public. dont know who to trust anymore. I believe the big programs could be paid off. And are you so committed to the cause that you wouldn't take it?....I, myself might be corruptible for a legal $5M.
    Last edited by timotb; 2014-07-28 at 17:11.

Hello timotb,

My point is how could spybot miss such a common malware program like ad choices?
    No single software program can catch everything which is why people have security layers.

For the amount of money in advertising, if I had a good bug and paid you $5M for you to look the other way.....tell me you wouldn't take it and look the other way.
    I believe the big programs could be paid off. And are you so committed to the cause that you wouldn't take it?....I, myself might be corruptible for a legal $5M.
    Safer-Networking LTD is not corruptible nor does the company take bribes.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by tashi; 2014-07-28 at 17:33. Reason: clarify
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello timotb,

My point is how could spybot miss such a common malware program like ad choices?
    No single software program can catch everything which is why people have security layers.

For the amount of money in advertising, if I had a good bug and paid you $5M for you to look the other way.....tell me you wouldn't take it and look the other way.
    I believe the big programs could be paid off. And are you so committed to the cause that you wouldn't take it?....I, myself might be corruptible for a legal $5M.
    Safer-Networking LTD is not corruptible nor does the company take bribes.

Kind regards.
    Ok, but Spybot should be able to catch a very big and very common bug known as " Ad choices" You still haven't addressed how spybot could miss this big one.

As far a corruptibility. I didn't say bribes, I said legal agreements. How can we the public be sure? Especially with the complexities of being global. Most people would take the money and be quiet about it. I've read articles that anti-spyware companies have been "manipulated" in the past to allow Law Enforcement spyware to pass, so why not commercial ones? Especially if it is a legal contract and the dollars are big enough. Very plausible possibilities.

further.....unless you are the top man at spybot, how can you say with certainty that there is no corruption nor "bribes" as you say?

So how did Spybot miss a big bug like Ad-Choices? It's a fair question that you only vaguely addressed.