Thread: fox news homepage

Default fox news homepage

Hello:
    I am new to this forum so I will do the best I can. My problem is that I have fox news as my homepage, but would like to change it. No matter what I do I cannot get the homepage to change. I called my ISP tech support and was told it was spyware. However I have spybot, adaware, and webroot. Nothing is found. This is on both my laptop and home computer. Anyone have any suggestions.
    Thanks for any help

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

tntknc:

Are you blocking the changing of your homepage with any anti-malware programs that you are running?

For example, go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > IE Tweaks.

There are three "Miscellaneous locks" on Spybot's IE tweaks page:
    • Lock Hosts file read-only as protection against hijackers
    • Lock IE start page setting against user changes (current user)
    • Lock IE control panel against opening from within IE (current user)

If the "Lock IE start page setting against user changes (current user)" is checked, uncheck it and see if you can change your homepage.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Angry

Tried advanced settings. No help. Nothing was checked. I did run stopzilla set up and at one point during the install it asked me about what homepage I wanted. I changed it from fox news to yahoo. I had to restart the computer and yahoo came up as my homepage. But then I tried to change it to another site and it went right back to fox news.