Thread: Interpretation guide for SB 2.4.40.0 scan results?

Default Interpretation guide for SB 2.4.40.0 scan results?

I upgraded to SB 2.4.40.0 this weekend. What a totally different tool. Is there a guide to interpretting the scan results? I get reams of scan results, but am not sure what to make of it.

Hello Exerciser,

Tutorials: http://www.safer-networking.org/supp...teps-tutorial/

Which results are particularly unclear, is it the rootkit scan?

http://forums.spybot.info/forumdispl...?46-RootAlyzer

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I didn't use the RootKit, at least not intentionally. I simply scanned the C-drive. In the old SpybotS&D, many things get queued up, and then processed. It was clear whether there was a problem. Now, there is a very long list of things, each rated with a green bar. Most of mine are rated 2. The answer is no longer clear. If it was a 5-point scale, and say 0 meant 0% chance of a problem while 5 meant 100% chance -- we can then roughly equate 2 to 25% chance of a problem. But there are countless number of line items, each with 25% (on average). Conversely, there are countless items with 75% of being good. If you had 3 independent items, each having 75% of being good, then there is (0.75)^3 x 100% chance of being good. This drops pretty quickly as you increase from 3 items.

I admit, it's an oversimplified model. But the new SpybotS&D really begs the question of how to interpret the output. When should I be worried?

P.S. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to open up the results again.

Hello Exerciser,

Threat level documentation was to be improved, as I'm not sure where that stands I will made a request.

If you run another scan check this short 'how to' so you easily find the logs: How to create a report
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I followed option#2 and found myself in the folder C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs. There are *.txt files and *.log files. The latter merely show that a scan took place. The *.txt files do not show the green bars that reported by the GUI after a scan. Is there a simple way to determine whether anything needs attention? Before, it was easy. Now, it isn't.