Thread: Spybot active licences

Default Spybot active licences

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I didn't know how to search for this topic. I have a single Home edition of Spybot S&D installed in my laptop, it was functioning all good but one day when I was switching between my 2 internet connections at home the program advised me about the need to have additional licenses for additional computers, but I am not using a different PC, it's the same laptop with another internet connection.

From that day on the antivirus doesn't look like is starting up with Windows 8.1, although when I open it says that it's active and functioning but the icon doesn't appear in the taskbar next to the clock. I need some help with this problem

Hello Patacon,

Quote Originally Posted by Patacon View Post
    I have a single Home edition of Spybot S&D installed in my laptop, it was functioning all good but one day when I was switching between my 2 internet connections at home the program advised me about the need to have additional licenses for additional computers, but I am not using a different PC, it's the same laptop with another internet connection.
    You could use the support form for licenses and let them know the problem you've encountered.

If it isn't resolved please let me know.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hi, thanks for the answer. I may have mislead my problem, the license is still active, the problem has been with the tray icon which no longer appears from that day. I will use the form to inform the switching between connections issue.

Hi Patacon,

Do you have the system tray notification set to always "Show icons and notifications" for the Spybot program? Just checking.

Yes I have that feature, I have it also in the start processes of my Windows 8.1, but it won't start with the system. What I do is to search it in the start menu and click the option "Tray Icon (Live Protection)" but I obviously want it automatically start with W8.1

I fixed the problem on startup, it looks like the program which I was using to manage the startup programs was not functioning well, so I used the task manager to set the starting applications. Looks like it was a simple problem

Thanks tashi for your help

Hi Patacon,

Thank you for letting me know, there could have been various reasons for the issue, for example see this topic

I've also seen reports of missing tray icons on Win 8.1 so I'm glad you found the reason for this particular event.