Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible Malware problem

Hi,

I read through the sevenforums link & changed my settings as per posts - I can get into chrome now - still can't access pages with i.e

I have done a last know configuration.

I also used the revo uninstaller, but bluescreen is still there...

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
    Download Mirror #1
    Download Mirror #2
    • Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
    • Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:
      Code:
      :folderfind
      BlueScreenView
      :filefind
      BlueScreenView
      :regfind
      BlueScreenView
    • Click the Look button to start the scan.
    • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
    Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

If you would, please check for Windows updates and see if there are any updates the refer to IE.
    If that is still unsuccessful, please try

After the above
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196
    Scroll down to and click on Windows 7, to reset Internet Explorer
    Then click on delete browser history
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Hi ya,

Checked windows updates, the only one that updated was for win 7 - KB2830477.

Reset I.E, and all seems fine now.

Here's log from Systemlook:

SystemLook 30.07.11 by jpshortstuff
    Log created at 14:14 on 02/09/2014 by WIN7
    Administrator - Elevation successful

========== folderfind ==========

Searching for "BlueScreenView"
    C:\$RECYCLE.BIN\S-1-5-21-1839434062-3037775892-936306819-1002\$RJ8PZZL\BlueScreenView d------ [19:52 31/08/2014]

========== filefind ==========

No files found.

========== regfind ==========

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\Debug]
    "StoreLocation"="C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_bluescreenview_s_ea3c53e14b8e84f6505a2dae6da83c32024_0c9f74c6"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
    "C:\Users\WIN7\Desktop\bluescreenview_setup.exe"="VISTARTM"
    [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1839434062-3037775892-936306819-1002\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\Debug]
    "StoreLocation"="C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_bluescreenview_s_ea3c53e14b8e84f6505a2dae6da83c32024_0c9f74c6"

-= EOF =-

Many thanks.

Reset I.E, and all seems fine now.
    Good deal!

Let's try this:
    Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the quote box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it and select copy.
    Paste this into the open notepad. save it to the Desktop as fixlist.txt
    NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST/FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.
    It needs to be saved Next to the "Farbar Recovery Scan Tool" (FRST) program (If asked to overwrite existing one please allow)

start
    C:\Users\WIN7\Desktop\bluescreenview_setup.exe
    C:\$RECYCLE.BIN\S-1-5-21-1839434062-3037775892-936306819-1002\$RJ8PZZL\BlueScreenView
    End
    Open FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
    If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
    When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Hi,

Here's fixlist log:

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Tool (FRST written by Farbar) (x86) Version:02-09-2014
    Ran by WIN7 at 2014-09-02 22:35:47 Run:5
    Running from C:\Users\WIN7\Desktop
    Boot Mode: Normal

==============================================

Content of fixlist:
    start
    C:\Users\WIN7\Desktop\bluescreenview_setup.exe
    C:\$RECYCLE.BIN\S-1-5-21-1839434062-3037775892-936306819-1002\$RJ8PZZL\BlueScreenView
    End

C:\Users\WIN7\Desktop\bluescreenview_setup.exe => Moved successfully.
    C:\$RECYCLE.BIN\S-1-5-21-1839434062-3037775892-936306819-1002\$RJ8PZZL\BlueScreenView => Moved successfully.

==== End of Fixlog ====

How's the computer now?

I think we're ready to remove tools and quarantine folders.

Hi,

Seems a lot better, still has moments when it speeds up, but I think that could be related to the fact that it's an old machine as you mentioned before. Def better though.

Blue screen has gone!

1. Download Delfix from here
    2. Ensure Remove disinfection tools is ticked
      Also tick:
      • Create registry backup
      • Purge system restore

3. Click Run

Any other tools and files found can simply be deleted or uninstall via Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel etc.

Your good to go, good job!

Please take the time to read over a few of my preventive tips.

Computer Security
    http://malwareremoval.com/forum/view...557960#p557960
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be prepared for CryptoLocker:

Cryptolocker Ransomware: What You Need To Know

CryptoLocker Ransomware Information Guide and FAQ

to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:

CryptoPrevent install this programme to lock down and prevent crypto ransome ware

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please navigate to Microsoft Windows Updates and download all the "Critical Updates" for Windows.

Firefox 3
    The award-winning Web browser is now faster, more secure, and fully customizable to your online life. With Firefox 3, added powerful new features that make your online experience even better. It has more features and is a lot more secure than IE. It is a very easy and painless download and install, it will no way interfere with IE, you can use them both.
    *NoScript - Addon for Firefox that stops all scripts from running on websites. Stops malicious software from invading via flash, java, javascript, and many other entry points.

AdblockPlus
    • AdblockPlus, Surf the web without annoying ads!
    • Blocks banners, pop-ups and video ads - even on Facebook and YouTube
    • Protects your online privacy
    • Two-click installation, It's free!
    • click the icon that corresponds to your browser and download.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WOT Web of Trust, warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. Protect your computer against online threats by using WOT as your front-line layer of protection when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory. WOT's color-coded icons show you ratings for 21 million websites - green to go, yellow for caution and red to stop, helping you avoid the dangerous sites. WOT has an addon available for both Firefox and IE.
    • Green should be good to go
    • Yellow for caution
    • Red to stop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    How to prevent Malware: Created by Miekiemoes

WARNING: Java is the #1 exploited program at this time. The Department of Homeland Security recommends that computer users disable Java
    See this article (http://www.forbes.com/sites/eliseack...-disable-java/
    and this article (http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/te...late-1B7938755

I would recommend that you completely uninstall Java unless you need it to run an important software.
    In that instance I would recommend that you disable Java in your browsers until you need it for that software and then enable it. (See How to diasble Java in your web browser (http://www.geekstogo.com/2600/how-to...r-web-browser/) and How to unplug Java from the browser (http://krebsonsecurity.com/how-to-un...m-the-browser/))

Avoid P2P

P2P may be a great way to get lots of stuffs, but it is a great way to get infected as well. There's no way to tell if the file being shared is infected. Worse still, some worms spread via P2P networks, infecting you as well.

Please read these short reports on the dangers of peer-2-peer programs and file sharing.

Please read the following safe computing articles..

Secure My Computer: A Layered Approach

Free Antivirus-AntiSpyware-Firewall Software

Keep a backup of your important files - Now, more than ever, it's especially important to protect your digital files and memories. This article is full of good information on alternatives for home backup solutions.

• It is possible for other programs on your computer to have security vulnerability that can allow malware to infect you.
    • Therefore, it is also a good idea to check for the latest versions of commonly installed applications that are regularly patched to fix vulnerabilities.
    • You can check these by visiting Secunia Software Inspector or you can use the following application for this purpose PatchMyPC

Hi Juliet,

Many thanks for all you help.x

Glad we could help.

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.