Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Failed to update?

No need to stay up late or anything like that,just post whenever you have time.It's all good.

Yes,it looks like you have full control,if the administraten account is yours.
    Go to Start,Run,type in Services.msc,and press OK.(if that doesn't work,let me know.)
    Scroll down to Spybot-S&D 2 Updating Service (or it might be called Spybot-S&D 2 Aktualisierungsdienst or similar.) and click on it,then click Start.Let me know if you get the same error 5 Access Denied message.

Zenobia
    Yes, I get the same error message 5, see picture below.
    It's normal working late on my pc.
    Will you please remove the picture in post 70.

And thanks again
    Hans
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok,thanks.
    I'm not able to remove the picture for you.If you click this link,it should take you to any attachments posted by you,and you can delete the picture in post 70(or any others you would like to remove) by putting a checkmark next to it,and clicking delete selected below.
    http://forums.spybot.info/profile.ph...ditattachments

It's normal working late on my pc.
    I do that,too.

Would there be any chance that something might have been set through Group Policy to deny access to some services?I was looking through a spreadsheet for group policy for Windows XP,but there are a lot listed and I couldn't find anything.

Zenobia
    I don't understand anything about "group policies" ??
    Can you put any light on this?

Hans

Sure,though I don't know an overabundance about it myself.
    This is a beginner's guide about group policy:
    http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/policies.html
    I have Windows 7 Home Edition,so I don't have access to group policy,so I'm not too familiar with what can or can't be done with it.It wouldn't be likely that a restriction would be set,especially with you being on an administrator account,but I thought I'd check with you about it being any kind of a possibility.

I see all three Spybot Services are set to automatic in your prior screenshot,but none of them started.
    If you don't mind,could you go in for a second look at Services?Go to Start,Run,type in Services.msc,and press OK.Scroll down and then click on Spybot-S&D 2 Scanner Service,then click start.Do you get the same Access Denied Error message?
    I see SQL Server is started.When you look through your other Services listed,besides the Spybot ones,are most also listed as started under Status?

Hi
    Yes, I get the same denial of access .
    Most oft the services that are set on automatic are started, I have some that are not working when pressing "start"

Hans

Default same problem

YES YES YES.. Same Problem... :D

Quote Originally Posted by Draemer View Post
    Hi
    Yes, I get the same denial of access .
    Most oft the services that are set on automatic are started, I have some that are not working when pressing "start"

Hans
    Are the other ones that aren't working when pressing "start" giving you the same access denied message?

GHi Zenobia
    two have another failure indication(Google update service), three have the same denial of access: Adobe File Monitor V10, devolo network services and another which I don't know what it's for.
    Something else got on my mind: I installed your program on partition D, where I have most of my programs. I remember having had problems with another software until I installed it on drive C. Could this be the problem? I wanted to have the OS on C, prgrams on D and data on E.

Hans
    Last edited by Draemer; 2014-11-04 at 00:57.

Ok,thanks.

Something else got on my mind: I installed your program on partition D, where I have most of my programs. I remember having had problems with another software until I installed it on drive C. Could this be the problem? I wanted to have the OS on C, prgrams on D and data on E.
    I'm not sure,but I'll search to see if I can find anything on that.Could you describe the problems you had with the other software when it was on D:\?Was it similar to the problems you're having with Spybot now?

Could you go back into Services and see if Adobe File Monitor V10 and devolo network services have Lokales System listed beside them under Anmelden als?
    Also,did it give you an error code and message when you tried to start Google update service?