Thread: unable to post a question (newbie)

Default unable to post a question (newbie)

greetings,
    just joined as im trying to get rid of a "proxy setting" virus (will not allow me to get online)

after downloading spybot on a usb stick, and installing into infected computer in safe mode and regular mode ...
    "full scan" is grayed out and unable to be clicked.

has anyone heard of such an issue as "full scan" being grayed out?

sorry im replying to your message but am unable to post a new thread i think ...
    chris
    Last edited by tashi; 2014-09-18 at 20:45. Reason: Split off from another member's topic. :-)

Default where is the post option

where is button for posting a new question---thanks

Hello chrisclarke,

Please see the FAQ for help in starting a topic etc: http://forums.spybot.info/faq.php?fa...faq#faq_topics

Quote Originally Posted by chrisclarke View Post
    just joined as im trying to get rid of a "proxy setting" virus (will not allow me to get online)

after downloading spybot on a usb stick, and installing into infected computer
    In order for someone to advise they'd need to take a look at the system so please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

If the infection prevents you from providing the logs please start a new topic there anyway.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016