Thread: used Paypal to buy home/virus, but....

Angry used Paypal to buy home/virus, but....

After online payment was made, was NOT able to access "safer networking ltd" to complete license transaction and install the program - Safer Networking" got my $$$, and *I* got ZIP!

Looks like I got HAD, shoulda stuck with FREE version...

SOOooo, I will by filing a dispute thru PayPal...

OH, and just for the record, PayPal transaction was:

03534646DY755873V

Hello Garyk7gld,

Quote Originally Posted by Garyk7gld View Post
    After online payment was made, was NOT able to access "safer networking ltd" to complete license transaction and install the program

Before opening a dispute you could contact sales and let them know of the issue: http://www.safer-networking.org/contact/sales/

Kind regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hello Garyk7gld,

I contacted sales myself and they will email you at the forum registration address.

No matter how this issue happened they will make things right.

Kind regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello Garyk7gld,

I contacted sales myself and they will email you at the forum registration address.

No matter how this issue happened they will make things right.

Kind regards.
    Really?

Interestingly enough, in response to my earlier Email direct to Spybot "customer service", I received THIS reply:

The email with the license details has been resent
    BUT, not too surprising, NO SUCH "licensing details" email has yet arrived, and my reply to that sender was:

"Sent" to WHO? WHEN?

*I* sure haven't seen or received ANYTHING, other than the Email from PayPal that I have been charged for the upgrade, and THIS email from you - so WHERE IS this elusive licensing email, or HOW do I access the needed licensing info?

FAILURE to properly complete online purchase - STRIKE ONE!
    FAILURE to provide the PROMISED missing licensing info - STRIKE TWO!

MEANWHILE, I'll just proceed with a dispute via Paypal...
    I think you can understand my rapidly fading trust in Spybot - if their SOFTWARE is as incompetent as their "Customer Service", not sure I want it anyway.

AND, my dispute to Paypal for a full refund HAS now been filed...

Here's the text of my filed PayPal dispute:

Online purchase of Spybot software was not completed because after PAYING for the software, sellers licensing webpage never displayed to permit installation, got onscreen error message that there was no such licensing webpage internet address - so was unable to complete transaction even though I WAS charged for the failed purchase. I contacted the seller by email, was TOLD via return email that I was being sent new licensing information, but that email has NEVER arrived, and I am STILL unable to use the software I bought and paid for. I request a full return of my purchase price.
    Last edited by Garyk7gld; 2014-09-28 at 20:41.

And yes, as indicated in my earlier post, "Customer Service" was the FIRST place I contacted...

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello Garyk7gld,

Before opening a dispute you could contact sales and let them know of the issue: http://www.safer-networking.org/contact/sales/

Kind regards.
    AND, I might add, I have been a long-time Spybot user, the FREE version my desktop, as well as this laptop, and have sent donation to cover THAT version. Additionally, I have recently also bought the Home/Virus version for my desktop, with no issues during that transaction, but interestingly enough, am having the SAME "Runtime error" at system startup several other users of the Home/Virus have already reported - so may well end up Uninstalling that version from my desktop PC as well - and just go back to the FREE version on the desktop PC too - at least IT was always reliable...:(
    Last edited by Garyk7gld; 2014-09-28 at 22:24.