Wow, maybe one of those pop ups installed that nasty piece of malware, reinstalling back to factory defaults is a good thing, all of the bad stuff will be gone, let me know when your ready and I can look at your FRST logs

In case you still need it which I am sure you do

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
A simple way to check your system: Start --> Computer (right click) --> Properties

• Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Please make sure All Users is checked
  • Do not check
    *List BCD
    *Drivers MD5
    *Shortcut txt
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.