Thread: error message

Default error message

Hi cpuld anyone help me please, I downloaded spypot but somthing went wrong and it is not working so I have tried to uninstall it but this error message keeps comming up (Message file "C:\Program Files(Spybot-Search & Destroy|unins000.msg"is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.
    I really do not know how to do that and I can't get rid of the old program, Please can anyone tell me what to do, Thank You

If you download and install Spybot over the one currently installed,it will replace the unins000.msg file.Make sure the version of the one you download matches the version of the one currently installed.

If the version you have currently installed is Spybot 2.4,that is the one you'd want to download and install over the currently installed one:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/

The Spybot 1.6.2 version is available under Other downloads if you scroll down the page.If that's the version you have currently,install that one instead.

Default Error

Hi Zenobi Thank you for your reply, I have downloaded the new version, but it won't let me uninstall the old version, I say's I need permission from Trusted somthing, I am not very good with computer's and don't really know what to do, but Thank You so much for your reply It means a lot.

You're welcome.

Could you open the older version of Spybot?The version will show at the top of it's window,or if you don't see anything click Help,then About.Post back here and let me know what it says.

I say's I need permission from Trusted somthing
    Would it happen to be Trusted Installer?