I have ended up with some very buried infections on my laptop. They are in the os somewhere but Spybot won't touch them. The version I have of SB is the professional edition. I bought it to clean this muck off my hard drive but it appears it was not such a good decision!
I have written an email and the response I got was of the "have you got the computer plugged in the wall?" variety. It ended by suggesting I come to this forum. I think that referring me to a forum is a bit weak as far as support goes. Very HP!!

www.bradenton.com
pixel.cpm2track.com
ads.alladserv.com
emls.domads.net

These are the buggers I am dealing with. A IE instance is activated and runs in the background. It can only be seen with Windows Task Manager. It cannot be terminated. When an internet connection is established it is off to the races!! It gobbles up my 10gb hot spot allotment. It randomly streams audio advertisements notably Motorola and Verizon.

I cannot reformat as I do not have working image disks. I paid a large sum at Office Depot for them to fix my computer and give me disks back in March and when it came time to use them last weekend guess what? They don't work!! Surprise!!
So they ordered me a set of disks from Toshiba (my computer manufacturer), I am waiting for them.

I thought Spybot might do it but it looks like I wasted my money. I have McCaffee installed and it is much worse than SB so I guess it was somewhat of a step forward.
Spyware Doctor worked very well for me but they sold out to Norton - the antichrist.

Anyone anyone anyone?
Bueler, Bueler, Bueler??

I'll check back regularly and thanks in advance.