Thread: Spybot v2.4 and SeaMonkey v2.26.1

Question Spybot v2.4 and SeaMonkey v2.26.1

Hello.

I just got Spybot v2.4 (portable) to try since v1.6.2 is old (still have it installed). I did a system scan with v2.4 on my updated 64-bit W7 EE SP1 machine. I let it clear everything including cookies. I noticed it erased my legit login cookies like avsforum, /., yuku, etc. I thought it was only removing bad cookies. I tried to restore cookies from quarantine, but it did not work. Why?

Thank you in advance.

Sorry,I'm not sure why the cookies weren't recovered from quarantine.
    Your good cookies are probably being cleared if you have usage tracks checked for the system scan.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/
    It's different in Spybot 2.4,tracks are no longer shown as green.
    If you'd like to continue scanning for usage tracks,you can look through the list,and uncheck the cookies for Sea Monkey before you hit fix selected from now on.The Sea Monkey cookies will be listed under cookie,and will say Mozilla beside them.
    Or,you could stop scanning for usage tracks altogether,just open Spybot start center,Checkmark advanced user mode,click Settings(say yes to the UAC prompt),then the Categories tab,and somewhere within the window,rightclick and select Spyware Scan Only.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Sorry,I'm not sure why the cookies weren't recovered from quarantine.
    Your good cookies are probably being cleared if you have usage tracks checked for the system scan.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/
    It's different in Spybot 2.4,tracks are no longer shown as green.
    If you'd like to continue scanning for usage tracks,you can look through the list,and uncheck the cookies for Sea Monkey before you hit fix selected from now on.The Sea Monkey cookies will be listed under cookie,and will say Mozilla beside them.
    Or,you could stop scanning for usage tracks altogether,just open Spybot start center,Checkmark advanced user mode,click Settings(say yes to the UAC prompt),then the Categories tab,and somewhere within the window,rightclick and select Spyware Scan Only.
    Well, as I used SM more, it seems like Spybot cleared ALL my good cookies even though I see other cookies listed in my cookie list. Bah. I still want to remove the bad cookies that aren't related to my logins and stuff.

If you disable tracks,Spybot should leave most of your cookies alone,and still remove tracking/third-party cookies that it detects.Or,if you'd rather still search for tracks,then uncheck anything listed under Cookie(s) when you do a scan,before you click Fix Selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    If you disable tracks,Spybot should leave most of your cookies alone,and still remove tracking/third-party cookies that it detects.Or,if you'd rather still search for tracks,then uncheck anything listed under Cookie(s) when you do a scan,before you click Fix Selected.
    I'll have to try again.