Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maleware removal post

Default Maleware removal post

I was not sure where to post this. I was going to post in the Maleware removal forum. I did everything I was supposed to, however, when I went to make my post....I was told that it was too long :( but I followed all of the steps included in the required post.

I would really like help, and I'm not sure who to ask about this on what i should do. Should I make two posts with the logs or?

In the past, I was used to posting only a few logs in my post, but then attaching the rest of everything else, so I really have no idea what to do here.

I apologize if I'm asking this question in the wrong place, but I didn't see a general help area or a "ask questions here" or anything in maleware removal place.
    And Still She Sings, Till Everything Burns
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |P|h|o|e|n|i|x|
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    I Believe In Karma, What You Give Is What You Get Returned

Hello EmpressPhoenix,

As the malware forum is manned by independent volunteers I must bring this to your attention again, it takes time to analyze logs and prepare a response.

Several of your eleven topics were closed due to no follow up or couldn't continue, the last one after three pages of help was given:

Page four,
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...or-Virus/page4

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello EmpressPhoenix,

As the malware forum is manned by independent volunteers I must bring this to your attention again, it takes time to analyze logs and prepare a response.

Several of your eleven topics were closed due to no follow up or couldn't continue, the last one after three pages of help was given:

Page four,
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...or-Virus/page4

Best regards.
    I don't want to seem snotty but....did you even read my original post? I wasn't asking for someone to check up on my post..I said that I can't MAKE one because the logs I have to post in a new one are TOO LONG! It won't fit!

I know the other ones were closed, I try to follow up on them the best that I can, but sometimes I can't, and I have no way of telling anyone anything. I either loose internet access, or loose the computer that I was having issues with..

Again, I'm trying to make a new malware removal post, a NEW one, for NEW problem..and I can't make that post because all of the logs requires in the "read this before posting" thing don't fit in one post...ok?
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |P|h|o|e|n|i|x|
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Hello EmpressPhoenix,
    Quote Originally Posted by EmpressPhoenix View Post
    I don't want to seem snotty but....did you even read my original post? I wasn't asking for someone to check up on my post..I said that I can't MAKE one because the logs I have to post in a new one are TOO LONG! It won't fit!
    Indeed I read your post.

Again, I'm trying to make a new malware removal post, a NEW one, for NEW problem..and I can't make that post because all of the logs requires in the "read this before posting" thing don't fit in one post...ok?
    Sorry but volunteers understandably do not wish to continue investing their free time when there is no follow up.

I'm addressing the issue in an attempt to resolve it. But if such is to continue please consider taking the machines to a shop.

I know the other ones were closed, I try to follow up on them the best that I can, but sometimes I can't, and I have no way of telling anyone anything. I either loose internet access, or loose the computer that I was having issues with..
    You "loose the computer"? I don't understand, please clarify.

Best regards.
    Last edited by tashi; 2014-12-01 at 18:31. Reason: Clarify

Hello EmpressPhoenix,

Indeed I read your post.

Sorry but volunteers understandably do not wish to continue investing their free time when there is no follow up.

I'm addressing the issue in an attempt to resolve it. But if such is to continue please consider taking the machines to a shop.

You "loose the computer"? I don't understand, please clarify.

Best regards.

Again, I apologize for having been a snippity and snotty. At first your reply made it appear as if you had not read my post, and it was upsetting.

I rent to own my computer. It's the only way I've been able to afford to have one. If I cannot make the payment, they take it back. And that's happened a few times in the past. Other times, when I "lost my computer"...the problem was so bad, that the computer stopped working and I had to wait for it to be repaired. I had my boyfriend in the past (now an ex) who could fix simple problems. HD failure usually, fan stopped working, even had to replace the power supply before.
    I try to leave the Spybot forums as a last attempt to fix whatever issue, though sometimes it's the first. It just really all depends. I do believe the last time I asked for help...I was in the middle of working or moving, or both. I can't quite recall, it was some time ago.

I apologize and understand if people are not willing to help, but I do try to reply back. And follow up. I love coming here and love getting the help, as it's helped most times. And if anyone ever has issues, even though I know people are shady about downloading things...I always try to recommend these forums to them and the Malware removal area.

I live on my own, the the library is too far to walk. If I loose my internet or my computer, or both..I do not have a way to access the forums to tell anyone what is going on, as I said. I do not have a lot of friends in the town where I live, most of my friends live out of state or out of town by hours..so I cannot really rely on them. And I cannot contact them anyway if something does happen, as, I currently do not have a working phone either.
    I'm in a hellish predicament in my life right now..and not having my computer, or not having it working properly, is going to cause some issues...so I am trying to fix it somehow.
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |P|h|o|e|n|i|x|
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Hello EmpressPhoenix,

I apologize and understand if people are not willing to help, but I do try to reply back. And follow up.
    It is not that they don't wish to help but while doing so previously, you've abandoned your topics.

Do you own the computer you have the current issue with or is it a rental?

Kind regards.

Hello EmpressPhoenix,

It is not that they don't wish to help but while doing so previously, you've abandoned your topics.

Do you own the computer you have the current issue with or is it a rental?

Kind regards.
    It is a rental. My contract states that if there is anything wrong with it, that they can take it and fix it for free.......however, during that time, and i have no idea how long it will take, I do not have a computer. It is my only means of entertainment and contact with my family and friends, so I would prefer not to loose it. That, and, they changed some of the other aspects of that, that I do not currently recall what they are, as it's a recent change from what I remember.

I hope that it being a rental does not hinder help. I know the risks and such, if something goes wrong. However, as they told me..they can always restore it back to it's factory settings as long as it's not physically damaged or altered in any way.

I would still prefer spybots help, over having them send it in and being without for who knows how long.
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |P|h|o|e|n|i|x|
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Hi EmpressPhoenix,

It is a rental. My contract states that if there is anything wrong with it, that they can take it and fix it for free.......however, during that time, and i have no idea how long it will take, I do not have a computer. It is my only means of entertainment and contact with my family and friends, so I would prefer not to loose it. That, and, they changed some of the other aspects of that, that I do not currently recall what they are, as it's a recent change from what I remember.

I hope that it being a rental does not hinder help. I know the risks and such, if something goes wrong. However, as they told me..they can always restore it back to it's factory settings as long as it's not physically damaged or altered in any way.

I would still prefer spybots help, over having them send it in and being without for who knows how long.
    The computer should be taken into the rental place for any repairs.

Hi EmpressPhoenix,

The computer should be taken into the rental place for any repairs.
    I would really prefer for you guys to help. It's not doing any physical damage, and I do not have to worry about being without my computer during the process of your help. So, if that is ok, that is what I prefer..

The only thing is, as I said before..I cannot make my first initial post, with the logs included, because the post is too long. How can I remedy this? Am I allowed to attach anything anymore or? Make two posts?
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |P|h|o|e|n|i|x|
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Hello EmpressPhoenix,

When I said, "The computer should be taken into the rental place for any repairs." I wasn't giving options. ;-)

That said, I have run this by someone who will consider helping you out although this is not yet a given.

Moreover, we are not privy to your rental agreement.

You can call the rental center and ask if they are in agreement for the computer to be analyzed and cleaned if necessary in a public forum environment.

Please explain,

1)
    That, and, they changed some of the other aspects of that, that I do not currently recall what they are, as it's a recent change from what I remember.
    2)
    What is meant by "altered?

Regards.