Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maleware removal post

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello EmpressPhoenix,

When I said, "The computer should be taken into the rental place for any repairs." I wasn't giving options. ;-)

That said, I have run this by someone who will consider helping you out although this is not yet a given.

Moreover, we are not privy to your rental agreement.

You can call the rental center and ask if they are in agreement for the computer to be analyzed and cleaned if necessary in a public forum environment.

Please explain,

1)
    Originally Posted by EmpressPhoenix

That, and, they changed some of the other aspects of that, that I do not currently recall what they are, as it's a recent change from what I remember.
    2)
    Originally Posted by EmpressPhoenix

I hope that it being a rental does not hinder help. I know the risks and such, if something goes wrong. However, as they told me..they can always restore it back to it's factory settings as long as it's not physically damaged or altered in any way.

What is meant by "altered?

Regards.
    Altered, like...physically. Changing out the keyboard or painting all over it with fingernail polish, installing new hardware, stuff like that.

I do know that they do not mind that I come here to get help. I've been renting from the same company for years. My old laptop, that I had had since 2007 or 2008ish, finally bit the dust this year. I've mentioned numerous times about coming to the Spybot forums and getting help for viruses and such. They are ok with it, as long as the computer is not being altered in anyway, as I said. Physically or physically damaged. Anything else they said, basically, they can just wipe the computer and restore it. That's what they do anyway if I can no longer afford the payments and it goes back to them.
    I've honestly been coming here for years, and I do think I've mentioned more than a few times that I rent-to-own my computer(s). May I ask, why it is just now, that I'm possibly being turned down for help because of that?
    And Still She Sings, Till Everything Burns
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |P|h|o|e|n|i|x|
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    I Believe In Karma, What You Give Is What You Get Returned

Hello EmpressPhoenix,

Quote Originally Posted by EmpressPhoenix View Post
    I've honestly been coming here for years, and I do think I've mentioned more than a few times that I rent-to-own my computer(s). May I ask, why it is just now, that I'm possibly being turned down for help because of that?
    As far as I can discern it was mentioned for the first time in this topic after being asked about the abandonment of your threads, however that is not to say you did not mention it previously.

But please refer to posts #2 #4 #6 #8 in this thread.

Please take the machine to the shop so they can carry out all necessary repairs under their agreement and warranty.

Best regards.
    Last edited by tashi; 2014-12-06 at 18:25. Reason: Corrected link
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello EmpressPhoenix,

As far as I can discern it was mentioned for the first time in this topic after being asked about the abandonment of your threads, however that is not to say you did not mention it previously.

But please refer to posts #2 #4 #6 #8 in this thread.

Please take the machine to the shop so they can carry out all necessary repairs under their agreement and warranty.

Best regards.

Please provide me links to ALL of my past posts over the..how many years have I been coming here? I've tried to go back and find them myself, however, not sure if that's possible. Could have sworn that I have mentioned multiple times, that I rent to own my computer.
    And Still She Sings, Till Everything Burns
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |P|h|o|e|n|i|x|
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    I Believe In Karma, What You Give Is What You Get Returned

Hello EmpressPhoenix,

I took a look and in your first topic 2008 you did mention that machine was a rental: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?23003-I-KNOW-I-m-infected&p=158591
    I have a "rent to own" computer..in th event that might be of some importance. (I really don't have to have to give it back, been paying on it for over a year now).
    In this 2011 topic: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?64635-Many-issues&p=418449
    + http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...tin&highlight=

First of all, I've asked for help in the past on this same computer, and have not followed through completely, and for that, I am sorry. My boyfriend thinks he knows everything and tries to fix things himself. I still should of posted, but for the longest time, I just left him to his own vices on his own computer.
    I've told the boyfriend that I was coming here to post again, and to be patient..because I KNOW you guys all help and you've helped me in the past and it's been wonderful. He's just impatient and ignorant about it so yeah. In advance, I apologize if he does -anything- to corrupt this process. I seriously do not trust him not to...be patient.
    Ok. I let the boyfriend read your response, since it is HIS computer after all lol.
    Topic at WTT.
    Need help formatting and reinstalling OS
    Started by Phoenix Eterna, Dec 21 2011
    http://forums.whatthetech.com/index....86#entry764295

Computer info says copyright 2009. However, I do believe he (my boyfriend) got it sometime in 2010.
    And, as replied on there, we are looking for help in completely restoring the computer to "factory default" as the boyfriend has said.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

You may find your topics and posts via your profile.

The bottom line is that you have abandoned topics and at this point volunteers have decided they do not wish to take another.

Also note:
    Along the same vein, this free service is provided by volunteers to assist in the removal of malware from personal computers and provide useful information to prevent an infection from happening again. Although "stuff happens", a helper's intention is not to repeatedly remove malware from the same member's machine/s.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...nce%29-Updated

This thread has reached a conclusion and is now closed.

All the best.
    Last edited by tashi; 2014-12-06 at 20:30. Reason: additional info
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016