Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Persistent problem continued.... :(

Will do, and thanks for you help

I have just noticed another problem.... a problem with my recycle bin.
    Each time I open the bin my hard drive goes into overdrive, the hard drive light is fixed on and im left with a blank recycle bin.

If I open the process monitor I can see that the MFT is going mad on my Z drive.... C: is my SSD and Z: is a normal drive
    mft.jpg

:(

If the recycle bin appears to be full,you could try rightclicking it and selecting empty Recycle Bin(as long as there's nothing in there you might need to recover),and that way you wouldn't need to open it to empty it.

If that doesn't work,then this shows a fix if the recycle bin has become corrupted:
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/recycl...rupted-windows
    Keep in mind,according to this(under Tweak Recycle Bin behaviour),each drive should have it's own recycle bin,so you might need to adjust the instructions for the recycle bin fix accordingly.
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/window...in-tricks-tips

Again, feeling very foolish.... I realised that the reason for the over activity was because of the 280,000+ files I had previously deleted from the email server were in the recycle bin.

I ended up right clicking the bin and deleting the bin contents from there. I left it with its over activity for about half an hour... all clear.

Im guessing were finished now, and I shall go back to Juliet.
    Sincere thanks for your patience, understanding and needed support.

Vince

Good,glad it was only lots of files,and not that your recycle bin was corrupted.
    You're very welcome.