Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Persistent problem continued.... :(

Yes I've lots to learn

Regarding the tabs... I can move the tabs horizontally within the open window or I change the order of the tabs, but I cannot drag outside the window.

Regarding the temp files.... still creating them :(

Click Start,type gpedit.msc in the Start Search box,and then press Enter.
    Go to User Configuration,Administrator Templates,Windows Components,Internet Explorer,and then Set tab process growth.Is that set to anything?Like Low,Medium,High,or Default?

What programs did you need to shut down in order to delete the temp files that were in use when you did it before?

I ran that, but everything looks like its not been configured ?

not configured.jpg

Not sure which applications were closed

I ran that, but everything looks like its not been configured ?
    Nope,doesn't look like it.Ok,good.
    Are you familiar with regedit?

Do you know roughly how many temp files were generated again?Are a large amount of them the same type of file?i.e. a lot of them are the ~DF*************.TMP files,or the INS_**********.TMP files?

I have used regedit before

There are a number ~DF******** files but they go with applications like IE and the brother p-touch software I use.

I just had a look again and I think have worked it out.... and again can only apologise for the time you have invested in me....

In safe mode im able to get down to

one.png

this empty file is the one that cannot be deleted. The other 300+ that are being created are in the _MEI***** folder...

prop.jpg

as I have two MEI folders I currently have 600 + temp files
    tempfiles.jpg

According to this link,the _MEI****** folder being left behind is a bug in Google drive:
    https://productforums.google.com/for...ve/pjPc-4hYrtA
    The good news is there's a workaround.
    https://productforums.google.com/d/m...A/LOyfZtFWFUkJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Klint
    If you exit Google Drive by right-clicking the Google Drive icon in your Windows 7 notification area, and selecting Exit, then Google Drive shuts down properly and correctly deletes the _MEIxxx folder. Unfortunately, it leaves the folder behind if you leave Google Drive running when you log out or shut down. So, yes, it is a bug in Google Drive. It ought to terminate properly when the user logs out.
    According to this link,FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt is related to the Windows Fax and Scan service:
    http://matt-3dsmax.blogspot.ca/2013/...s-related.html
    Mine is empty to,so I guess that's normal

I just had a look again and I think have worked it out.... and again can only apologise for the time you have invested in me....
    That's no problem at all,no need to apologize.

I just want to check one or two things in the registry,but I'll ask you to backup the registry now,saves having to do it later,if any changes are needed:
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/window...-windows-7.htm
    Once the registry is backed up,could you go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,then scroll down and click on Main,and in the pane to the right,let me know if you see TabProcGrowth there.If it is there,let me know what it says under Data.
    Next,go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer,then scroll down and click on Main.In the pane to the right,locate TabProcGrowth,and let me know what it says under Data.

Yes was totally related to google drive... I have ticked the option to not start when the computer starts and then exited google drive. Im able to delete the files.

There was no value in the registry key.
    tabProc.jpg

Good,that should cut down on the temp files from Google Drive.

Bingo!(Well,hopefully.)
    Please go to Start,type Regedit,and say yes to the prompt from UAC.
    Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,then doubleclick TabProcGrowth.Under Value Data,change it to 1,then click OK,then exit the registry.
    Then open Internet Explorer,then open a tab,then try to drag it to a new window.

Awesome

I can now move the tabs into a new window... Thank you

You're welcome.

When you return to Juliet,would you please mention what was happening with Mercury/32?It was probably happening because the relay controls weren't set,but Juliet ought to know about it,just in case.Thanks.