Thread: Slow and freezing lenovo after email received from canada

Default Slow and freezing lenovo after email received from canada

HAVE SUCCEEDED IN RUNNING TWEAKING.COM AND aswMBR BUT NOT FRST.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...819#post459819

I AM TOTALLY COMPUTER ILLITERATE. I HAVE ATTACHED THE ABOVE LINK HOPING THIS IS CORRECT.

THE DESK TOP NOW HAS THE ICONS MBR.dat, aswMBR AND Tweaking... Registry... on it.

SORRY TO BE DIM, BUT NOW WHAT.

THANKS FOR BEING SO UNDERSTANDING

KEITH

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

FRST cannot download and run because of Norton.
    What we can do is to temporarily disable it long enough for the tool to run.

Let's ensure what we need can be saved to desktop.
    - Save ALL Tools to your Desktop-

All tools that I have you download should be placed on the desktop unless otherwise stated. If you are familiar with how to save files to the desktop then you can skip this step.

Since you are continuing with this step then I assume you are unfamiliar with saving files to your desktop. As a result it's easiest if you configure your browser(s) to download any tools to the desktop by default. Please use the appropriate instructions below depending on the browser you are using.
    Google Chrome - Click the "Customize and control Google Chrome" button in the upper right-corner of the browser. Choose Settings. at the bottom of the screen click the
    "Show advanced settings..." link. Scroll down to find the Downloads section and click the Change... button. Select your desktop and click OK.
    Mozilla Firefox - Click the "Open Menu" button in the upper right-corner of the browser. Choose Options. In the downloads section, click the Browse button, click on the Desktop folder
    and the click the "Select Folder" button. Click OK to get out of the Options menu.
    Internet Explorer - Click the Tools menu in the upper right-corner of the browser. Select View downloads. Select the Options link in the lower left of the window. Click Browse and
    select the Desktop and then choose the Select Folder button. Click OK to get out of the download options screen and then click Close to get out of the View Downloads screen.
    NOTE: IE8 Does not support changing download locations in this manner. You will need to download the tool(s) to the default folder, usually Downloads, then copy them to the desktop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Norton 360

Right click the Norton icon on your Windows application tray.
    View the Norton 360 Control Panel that displays. You will see the Firewall enabled and Auto Protect enabled menu options checked.
    Un-check the options for the Firewall and Autoprotect to disable Norton.
    You will then be asked to select a time-frame for disabling the automatic protective services
    You will get a new dialog box with five options: 15 minutes, 1 hour, 5 hours, Until system restart, Permanently.
    Choose 5 hours. If you choose forever, you will need to manually enable Norton 360 protective services at a future time.

Now, let's try Farbar again.

STEP 1
    Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Scan
    • Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x32) or Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) andsave the file to your Desktop.
    • Note: Download and run the version compatible with your system (32 or 64-bit). Download both if you're unsure; only one will run.
    • Right-Click FRST.exe / FRST64.exe and select [img=http://i.imgur.com/AVOiBNU.jpg] Run as administrator to run the programme.
    • Click Yes to the disclaimer.
    • Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
    • Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
    • Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
    • Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your Desktop. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply.

Also, can you please post the aswMBR log
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.