Thread: Spybot 2.4.40.130 home use with purchased licence - hangs on"fix selected" button

Default Spybot 2.4.40.130 home use with purchased licence - hangs on"fix selected" button

Hi
    I purchased a full licence for v 2.4.40.130 for my Win 7 Pro system PC. It updates and scans with no problem, but as soon as I press "fix selected" it freezes, there's the whirly cursor, it greys out and says "not responding" on the top. All I can do is get into Task Manager and end program. I have tried hitting "stop scan" early and also tried only clicking on a couple of items (there aren't that many, mostly cookies). I have Windows Security Essentials running and no other spyware installed - even tried putting some of the spybot .exe files into the "excluded processes" section but that didn't seem to do anything. I am getting really frustrated.

Can anybody advise? Is Windows stopping something in Spybot?
    Many thanks
    Yoshe

You could try a scan in safe mode,and see if it will fix without freezing then.
    There are instructions for scanning in safe mode located here,under Run in Safe Mode
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ll=1#post23629
    Please let me know if that worked or not afterwards.