Thread: spybot blocked

Default spybot blocked

I ran an aol scan of my computer and it said and it said I lacked minimum security. Shortly after this a message popped up that said my Spybot was blocked. The last tow times I had run Spybot it found nothing. There are ALWAYS things to be removed. When I tried to put in updates that seemed off and for the last three days it has said there were no new ones. The aol scan found no viruses and everything seems fine except for a little email problem. How can I unblock.

I have the free Spybot. My PC is a dell and I have Windows 8.1.

Which aol scan did you use?Was the blocked Spybot message from that program?

I ran AOL Help Me Free PC Performance and Virus Quick Scan

The Spybot blocked message seemed to come up a little later on.

I ran that AOL help me scan after you posted before,and it doesn't appear to actually remove or fix anything,but just lists what it found.Granted,I didn't have a virus,but I saw nothing within the program to indicate it removed or blocked anything,either.

The blocked message could have been from something else.

Spybot has different modules to it,so it's doubtful that the whole thing was totally blocked.If the sdscan ran,which is the Spybot scan itself,that doesn't appear to be blocked.Looking at the dates when you were updating,it looks like it wasn't on a Wednesday,which is generally when the detection updates are released each week,so not getting updates wouldn't be totally strange.I checked now,and there are updates available,so you can check sometime today,and let me know if you get updates.

I just updated and did a scan and it did find 46 things that needed to be fixed.

I did another AOL scan and it still said I lack minimum security.

Did the program give you any reasons why you lacked minimal security?There should be something there to click on where it tells you what it believes is an issue.

As for Spybot,okay,good.The updates were downloaded,and the scan appears to be working.
    What other security programs do you have on your computer that might be likely to block something?
    If it were a pop-up from Windows Firewall,would you recognize it?Ignore the Google Chrome part of it,but the Windows Firewall pop-up itself might look like this:
    http://i.stack.imgur.com/HoviS.png
    Was the window that blocked Spybot similar?

Also,did the window that said Spybot was blocked ask you to download anything,or anything like that?