Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I run Peerblock, which has a list of Microsoft IPs blocked. After I ran all the immunization, then opened my Start Menu and started typing things in, Peerblock was still catching requests to Microsoft servers. Specifically to IP 204.79.197.200:443

Angry Spybot anti-Beacon 1.3 makes problems with the Outlook app under Windows 10

Hello there,

since I installed version 1.3 and all have immunized, my Outlook stops working app, this is no longer updated and fetches any new messages more pure! I set everything back to its original state back it works again!

https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

Could you guys add the latest version info there, so I don't have to check the forum post all the time?

Also, when will the app get an updater through its self?

Hi PepiMK.

I got a chance to try out the latest version of your Spybot Anti-Beacon app (a Portable one) and ran it on a Win7 computer.
    Found a minor bug in v1.4. After running it and clicking on the Minimize button to minimize the program window, it minimizes on the lower-left hand side of the screen and when I try to click on it (or click on the restore window icon), the spybot anti-beacon program window does not get restored. while it was minimized, I had to click on the close button [X] to close the program - that was my only option.

I've figured out what CEIP Scheduled Tasks that are being blocked by Spybot Anti-Beacon...almost all of them.
    I opened Task Scheduler by running taskschd.msc, expand the Microsoft section, then expand the Windows section, and checked the following sections:

Application Experience > set the "ProgramData" task to Disable
    Autochk > set the "Proxy" task to Disable
    Customer Experience Improvement Program > set the "Consolidator" task to Disable
    DiskDiagnostic > set the "Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector" task to Disable

If you manually disable these specified Tasks in Task Scheduler, the Spybot Anti-Beacon app will see these CEIP based tasks as Blocked.

Default Spybot Anti-Beacon v1.4.0.26 Install Error

I just installed Spybot Anti-Beacon v1.4.0.26 on my Win7SP1 x64 Ultimate PC. Install completed and return this pop-up window:

SpybotAntiBeacon.png

Clicking "OK", the program ran just fine. This happens on all subsequent launches.

Exclamation Possible Bug found

Issue causing accounts / imapp gmail / etc to not work with windows 10 apps so far attributed to the calendar and mail app if used with online email accounts in my case gmail
    Through a process of elimination, painstakingly applying one after another I found that the culprit breaking the calender and mail apps is one of the OneDrive blocks in the optional section,

It causes the apps to display error code: 0x800f081f when adding an account, and any currently active accounts are unaccessible.

I apologise if this was already known or if I havent read something, I was scratching my head trying to figure out what was happening then realised the only thing different applied on my machine from another was the blocks from this tool.

Thought it was worth noting in case anyone was faced with similar issues, or shed some light as to why the OneDrive blocks break these particular apps.

kind regards :p

Default Anti Beacon need to be running to provide protection?

Hello , This might seem obvious but does Anti Beacon need to be started up each time I start my computer to provide protection ?, and if so, I can't find anywhere in the program to set it to run at start up. Thanks

Default 2 problems with IP's blocked

I've found two problems that will affect a lot of users.

1) The Microsoft Symbols server msdl.microsoft.com is blocked, this host may be used for more than just Symbol downloading, but I could not use Windows Debugger at all when Beacon added IP blocks to Windows Firewall.

2) Google Hangouts as of last night could not successfully make a call, I thought the service was down all night, disabled the Beacon Windows Firewall rule and tada it started working again.

You may want to make a list of warnings to show users when you block such a large range of IP addresses, some which don't even appear to be MSFT ones!

If you could, adding command line args to this, so that it can be run completely via a batch command, that would be amazing, I run my own little tech company and this is widely wanted as a preinstalled program, and I would like it to run on post install without user input.

Default Undo buttons don't work

Anti-Beacon 1.5 - Undo buttons for Optional - Office 15 Telemetry Scheduled Tasks and Office 16 Telemetry Scheduled Tasks don't do anything when clicked.

How do I reset?