Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default T elementary Hosts

T elementary Hosts won't stay blocked. Once you close and reopen antibeacon, the become unblocked and have to be re-immunized. Anyone else noticing this?

I'm also having trouble downloading the file due to the host :(

Default Feature Request

Great little program, HIGHLY recommended. On a similar subject, MS has decided to kill XP Mode for all OS versions above Win7. I took the free upgrade to Win10, no problems, I had a copy of VMware Workstation 8 working after the initial upgrade last month. I have a Linux x64 VM and I imported my Windows XP Mode to a VMware VM beforehand to help preserve it, and up until today that was successful.

Today, my VMware 8 causes a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT blue screen in Windows 10. So, my surmise is that MS, my love-hate partner, has done something in the last 30 days that makes this software incompatible. It's an old version, so, fair enough.

I then downloaded a current free copy of VMware Player 12, which is purported to work with Windows 10, and voila, it works, and runs my Linux VM just fine. I got a nasty surprise when I tried to run the XP Mode VM, though. I got an error message that said, "This system is not allowed to run Windows XP Mode. The virtual machine will now power off." So, MS has done something different here, too. I don't like it. The VM log files reports that the OS told it there was no license.

It's not exactly a real-time telemetry issue, it's more of a remote finger gesture of some kind, but if you guys could figure out a workaround for that since I think it's a deliberate sabotage via upgrade, I'd be willing to pay real money for it. Still using a few really OLD programs that will only run in Win 7 32 bit mode.

Painted into a corner on this.

cheers and keep up the good work

Default Office block not working?

For some reason, no matter how many times i click apply it does not listen to me and does not block
    Office 16 telemetry scheduled tasks, any reasons as to why that may be and how to fix it

Default In Optional tab, Bing IP's cannot be blocked

I installed the last version and had everything blocked. I keep Windows Update disabled. Today I enabled it to install .NET framework 3.5 and disabled it soon after. I checked and no new update was installed. When I ran Spybot Anti-Beacon it shown 100% immunization but in the Optional tab Bing IP's was not blocked. When I pressed Apply nothing happens. Again, I had 100% immunization and everything in the Optional tab blocked before. Could somebody help me with this?

Thanks

Marco

Default Command line parameters

I see that in 1.3 command line parameters were added but I am not seeing much for documentation... anyone got a link to it or has it not been made public knowledge yet?

Question Need help, cant undo OneDrive Services and can't login to store

Need help, cant undo OneDrive Services and can't login to store. No matter what I do, reboot, uninstall, etc. I can not get the OneDrive Service to Undo. It just says 1 of 2 blocked currently and has half of the green bar flashing forever. I need to use Windows 10 store and get this to undo. Please help.

Question Does this run in the background or do I have to open it when needed please?

I have just downloaded and installed this (the installer version) after it was recommended on the Windows 7 Forum. Reading the home page it seems to infer it works with Windows 7 which is what I have (Home Premium).

I downloaded it from here:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

I have installed it and immunised but am now confused as I don't see it in my list of Start Ups in CCleaner nor is it in the Task Manager once I have restarted my pc or used the program's Close button.

Am I being dumb ... is it perhaps a program I have to open myself whenever I want to check the immunization or am I going wrong somewhere as I assumed it would be always running in the background

Any help or advice gratefully received please.

Default Spaybot Anti-Beacon

I only now discovered that Anti-Beaon has its own section...

I tried it in Win7 and got two remarks about entries found in the hosts file - but not what the entry is.
    How do I get to know what it is???

Nu user help ... What happens if I click "Apply" under "Optional? Does it change something in "hosts"?

How can I revert changes, if I want to?

What about updates I should not have?

Thx for replies

Default Wudu

Does this disable WUDU - the thing which users your bandwidth without your permission to help Microsoft download stuff to other people.