Thread: Persistent Malware - Spybot the only one who dares to combat them

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hallo shelf life!!
    I appreciate your comments.
    The "sfc /scannow" reports "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations", I assume everything is in order.
    Once the explorer.exe collapse, then I will try to recover it using the task Manager. By the moment everything run normally.
    Through the safe mode, I had been running some (not all of them) malware and everything seems to be ok. Ah! no the avast I couldn't run it in the safe mode, but the Spybot yes. It removes everything, but at the end appears once again. Even in the safe mode.

I suspect it is a malware because:
    1. The symptoms appears suddenly. It doesn't has a specific program or moment. Suddenly it starts bothering. I am forced to restart my computer.
    2. The Spybot always report it as malware
    3. I have been reading in the internet and I found that this problem appears along with video drivers. I guess it comes to me because I am digitalizing videos 8mm into avi. I am using a device ION Video2PC MKII, and the drivers I downloaded from the original site. Nevertheless seems to come infected.

Any other suggestion?

Emeritus

A conflict with software/drivers is possible. You got the drivers from the manufacturers website or installed them off media? What is it that Spybots reporting as malware and you think thats the cause of the problem? Is it related to the software package you installed?
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

That means, when Spybot reports threats, there are not, but misfunctions from the drivers? Is that possible for Spybot?
    In case that is right, make sense why supposedly is removing threats, but in reality it is not fixing anything, because the problems are the drivers and Spybot never interfieres with the drivers. That is a little bit weird, isn't it?
    Then, why the problems with explorer.exe?
    Also, since the begining I have uninstalled both, software and drivers that I suspected could be the source of the problem, but still exactly the same.

What else I can do? Which drivers or software should I keep uninstalling? Is there something to prove the drivers?

Regards

Emeritus

Does the problem happen in safe mode also? This: "explorer.exe collapse" and you can restart it with task manager?
    Does it just happen randomly at any time? You have uninstalled certain software and drivers and it is still happening, correct?

These are not malware:

MS Direct3D: [SBI $C2A44980] Most recent application (Registry Change, nothing done)
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3706417920-3564089269-4247878469-1001\Software\Microsoft\Direct3D\MostRecentApplication\Name

Windows Explorer: [SBI $D20DA0AD] Recent file global history (Registry Key, nothing done)
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3706417920-3564089269-4247878469-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs

Cookie: [SBI $49804B54] Browser: Cookie (1) (Browser: Cookie, nothing done)

Cache: [SBI $49804B54] Browser: Cache (3) (Browser: Cache, nothing done)

History: [SBI $49804B54] Browser: History (1) (Browser: History, nothing done)

History: [SBI $49804B54] Browser: History (130) (Browser: History, nothing done)

No, it hasn't happened. I never work in Safe-Mode. I only get in to run the Spybot and that's it.
    I will do try it right now. I will change into safe-mode and stay there for a while to see if it happens there also.

Yes, I have already uninstalled the software and drivers that I suspect could be the origin of the problem.

But if they are not malware, what they are? Why Spybot bring them as something wrong?

Emeritus

The reason for trying safe mode would be to see if the explorer.exe problem happens like it does in "normal mode". In safe mode not everything will "load"up to run like it normally does, like only a minimal amount of drivers will load in safe mode.

So if it all looks good in safe mode and not in normal mode then this could point to a driver issue causing the explorer.exe problem.

If you recently installed other software then you might want to try uninstalling it also. I know you already uninstalled something that you thought might be causing the problem. Probably this? ION Video2PC MKII,

This below looks like a list of Recent documents you opened. Windows stores all kinds of information by default.

Windows Explorer: [SBI $D20DA0AD] Recent file global history (Registry Key, nothing done)
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3706417920-3564089269-4247878469-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs

hi shelf life,
    sorry for the delay, but I've been doing big stuff.
    I have re-formatted my computer and re-installed all my software from reliable sources.
    Only a couple of things have changed. The CPU 100% saturation is gone, then it is faster, it seems that the explorer.exe issue is solved. Since yesterday, only once it happens to corrupt. Right now I am running from the safe mode and everything seems to work fine. But!

I run the Spybot here in the safe mode. I attached 2 scan result files.

Do you know what is that?

I agree with you it can't be malware, but what it is then? I have run it twice (2004 and 2105) Why they persist? Where are they coming from? Which consequences they make in my machine?

As you can see, almost all of them are from Microsoft. Is MS doing something strange? Why Spybot consider them as malware? or Spybot detect misfunctions in the OS?

Please, give me your feedback. I need my machine 100% clean.

Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files