Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows.Security

Default Windows flags

I ran a scan,[Windows Security Center.UpdateDisableNotify] appeared. BUT, this time I opened the plus sign, ticked 'fix' THEN rebooted.
    When I ran the scan again there were no problems-whew!!
    I am so sorry you went thru all the trouble with the bat file etc.
    If you like I could try to follow the directions but it looks pretty difficult. All is working well right now. I was in a jam + your time + cooperation saved the day for which I am very, very appreciative.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The nowellp_A.bat file was to trace down and fix the following detection that you showed in your previous post (not the "Windows Security Center.UpdateDisableNotify" detection):

Code:
    Windows.Security.InternetExplorer: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN\iexplore.exe!=W=1
    Are you saying that you are now not getting any detections when you run a Spybot scan?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Windows flag

It is correct that there are no problems being detected thanx to you. I do understand the bat file was to check out the registry if there were problems so you could fix if necessary - all is well. I think opening the plus sign before 'fix' +/or rebooting after the fix made the difference. Prior to that I was just clicking 'fix' when I saw the red entry and not rebooting.
    Btw, I have read numerous articles about others having trouble with this last entry - I had googled it in an attempt to fix it myself. Obviously I failed so asked the forum.
    Thank you

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Double check that when you go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore products > "All products" tab that the only two (2) "Products" checked for exclusion from the scan are:
    • Windows SecurityCenter.AntiVirusDisableNotify
    • Windows SecurityCenter.FirewallDisableNotify

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Windows flags

Yes, those are the only ones checked and I believe that is good.