Thread: Keep gtting the same error in update

Default Keep gtting the same error in update

SDUpdSvc.exe [2016-12-16 07:51:38] [+] Updating Service is active.
    SDUpdSvc.exe [2016-12-16 07:51:38] [.] Trying to retrieve update info file from http://updates3.safer-networking.org/spybotsd2.uid...
    SDUpdSvc.exe [2016-12-16 07:51:39] [+] Retrieved update info file.
    SDUpdSvc.exe [2016-12-16 07:51:39] [.] Info file part done.
    SDUpdSvc.exe [2016-12-16 07:51:39] [.] Testing which updates apply to this version...
    SDUpdSvc.exe [2016-12-16 07:51:39] [+] No updates required.
    SDUpdSvc.exe [2016-12-16 07:51:39] +++
    SDUpdate.exe [2016-12-16 07:54:55] spybotsd2-install-scannerservice.exe is missing and will be installed on next update.

Just built a computer for sweetie with Windows 7 64 and Spybot update keeps re-downloading the same update and it ALWAYS says there are updates available.I have 2 of my own machines with Win 7 and have no issues.I am using her machine at the moment on my account since I haven't given her the computer yet.

LOG file is above.One minute it downloads over 400 updates and the next says updates are current.As previously stated the "Updates are available" is ALWAYS showing.Thank you

Hello PerusTC,

Sorry to hear of the problem.

Which version and edition of Spybot did you install please: https://www.safer-networking.org/private/

Did you elevate Spybot's permissions as so:
    To open Spybot as administrator, simply right click on the Spybot desktop icon or the start menu icon and click “Run as Administrator”
    Then you can right-click on the module’s icon you are about to run and select “Run as administrator”.

Have you closed and re-opened the program with the same results?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello PerusTC,

Sorry to hear of the problem.

Which version and edition of Spybot did you install please: https://www.safer-networking.org/private/

Did you elevate Spybot's permissions as so:
    To open Spybot as administrator, simply right click on the Spybot desktop icon or the start menu icon and click “Run as Administrator”
    Then you can right-click on the module’s icon you are about to run and select “Run as administrator”.

Have you closed and re-opened the program with the same results?

Best regards.

Yes I have admin rights....all 3 of my computers have ALL the same protection software and Windows 7 64 installed from same disk with admin.Naturally they have different COA keys.Problem PC keeps installing 2-500 signatures and the Updates are available will not go away.

The older machines have the same MB.I just installed the DAV.dll file as the one I had was only 12kb and the new one is 32kb.I am also getting the BitDefender error on shutdown.

All 3 machines run the 2.4 version of Spybot.If you check your history you will find that I have had the AV since you started offering it and have been running Spybot for over I wanna say 10 years?I'm 61 so the memory is failing.Thank you for your time

Default Uh....Oops

I forgot to mention that the puter with the problem I just built for my sweetie for Christmas so it's HER license that I transferred from flash drive to new PC.I have it here until I can hopefully find a solution to the BitDefender shutdown issue and this one....sheesh....whatta mess.

Hello PerusTC,

Thank you for the information.

My reason for asking if Spybot's permissions were elevated was because running the computer on an Administrator's account is not the same as giving the software administrator rights. Thank you for clarifying.

Could you open a support ticket please: https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016