Thread: I have problems with MAcro Buddy

Default I have problems with MAcro Buddy

I find that Spybot always delete a "good" DLL file when scanning, making the Macro Buddy software inoperant. This is the log: look at entry 4-10-08

Why didn't it do it before??? It was working smoothly and not attacking- for a while - Macro Buddy.

I have a great constant problem with this - I have to reinstall every time - and should be able to instruct Spybot to exclude scanning this file and others for Macro Buddy that seem to be missing to run the program after Spybot catches the start up process trying to do something.

Can Spybo exclude a process/folder/program from its scan?????

Here is the log
    ~

4/10/2008 10:34:04 AM Allowed (based on user decision) value "SpybotDeletingB9386" (new data: "") deleted in System Startup user entry!

4/10/2008 11:01:07 AM Denied (based on user decision) value "MacroKit" (new data: "C:\Program Files\Macro Buddy\MacroBuddy.exe /s") changed in System Startup global entry!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

anangeli:

You seem to indicate that something is being deleted as a result of a scan yet posted a portion of the resident (TeaTimer) log.

If in fact something is being deleted as a result of a scan, please post a log of the actual detection(s) you are getting. To do that:
    • Run another scan.
    • When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
    • Then paste (Ctrl+V) those results to a new post in this thread.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Additional data

The message is:
    Missing KTKBDHK3.DLL
    Runtime Error 429
    ActiveX component can't create object

This happens immediately as Macro Buddy is loaded. The file is caught.
    (KTKBDHK3.DLL)

I have to reinstall, but I have to do something to Spybot so it does not mess with Macro Buddy and that is probably to disable catching ALL keyloggers good and bad so I can run the program.

I use MAcro Buddy everyday and for eveything, and teh file is a valid one, not a threat.sent:

Yes, I think , the residen is "scanning" I suppose. That is what is happening since I discovered and activated the resident.

It previously happened with a scan.

Please send your scan logs located at "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs" to detections(at)spybot.info for further analysis. Please attach all checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log files as well as all fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log files to your email with a reference to this post. :-) When did you download the last updates?
    Last edited by Buster; 2008-04-14 at 16:21.
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Default Logs sent

But whoever received them said she did not have any reference to this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Please send your scan logs located at "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs" to detections(at)spybot.info for further analysis. Please attach all checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log files as well as all fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log files to your email with a reference to this post. :-) When did you download the last updates?