Thread: Scan w/Items listed

Default Scan w/Items listed

I downloaded and Immunized the lastest updates. Ran a scan and got the check mark Congratulations...no threats found...Now under this were items in GREEN...such as Cache, Common Dialog,MS Direct3d,log,MS Media Player etc etc. Would someone please let me know do I ignore these are do I place a check in all and click FIX SELECTED PRODUCTS....I do thank you

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The green entries indicate usage tracks. You evidently went into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > File Sets and checked the following two items:
    • Usage Tracking
    • Tracks.uti

From Spybot’s help facility:
    • Usage tracks

Usage tracks are your fingerprints in your system. Whenever you visit a page with your browser, or just open any file, that information is stored deep inside Windows. In most cases that is very useful – if you want to open that file again, you can select it from a list instead of typing the whole filename or browsing the whole directory structure again.

But in some cases you may want to hide your activity, because spyware and internet attackers may use that information. Spybot - Search & Destroy can remove some of the most important and common tracks on your system.

Usage tracks are not scanned for by default and deleting them is entirely your call.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.