Thread: Spybot binary modified

Exclamation Spybot binary modified

Hi,

For the first time ever, I've got a little problem spybot is not able to solve. When I run Spybot, it says the program itself has been modified and should scan for viruses inmediately.

I have scanned for viruses, used adware, hijack this, downloaded the program again (and installed it), and more things that I don't even remember any more. Even installed windows on another drive on the same machine and -incredibly- Spybot gives exactly the same message.

I am at a loss here. I simply don't know what else should/could I do!

Btw, this happens in wxp pro sp2 fully patched. ZA, F-prot, spywareblaster.

So, if anyone knows ANYthing to help me out this situation, I would be inmensely grateful.

TIA

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

That error has occurred in the past due to memory (RAM) problems on the systems running Spybot. I suggest that you run a diagnostic memory test on your system.

If your system didn't come with diagnostic routines including a memory test, look here:

Example of a similar problem: See the last three (3) posts in this thread:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks for the fast answer.

I'll try that on saturday, 'cos the problematic computer is a boat trip away

Will post a reply on sunday/monday.

Thanks a lot!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

There is another memory diagnostic program by Microsoft. The reason I didn't point it out to you to it is because:
    1. I don’t know how good it is.
    2. It requires installation on an external media (floppy or CD). Since you are not on the system that appears to have the problem, that program may be an option.

See the following:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.