Thread: Newb question\comment

Default Newb question\comment

This is my first post here at this forum, and I would like to first say hello. My machine's date and time would always change after restart, or logging in. SB 1.4 seems to have solved the problem. Is there anyway I could have identified the spyware responsible for the date/time changes? One other thing, I only use the web for Paypal, Ebay, Hotmail, coin forums, Photobucket, and news sites. So how did I get infected with something that changes date/time? Thanks for taking a newb inquiry,

stang306

Hello and welcome.

Without more information it wouldn't be possible to know how the date and time was changed.

Even though you don't know which spyware may have been involved, a Spybot report would show what was cleaned.

Please let us know:

Operating system, Security programs installed.

Also, please open Spybot>Help>About
    Let us know the version and latest detection update.

PayPal and ebay are well know for Phishing scams; make sure that when you go to such sites it is not via clicking links in an email received.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hey Tashi, my OS is XP Home, version 5.1.2600 service pack 2, build 2600. Spybot S&D ver. 1.4 latest detection date 2006-09-22. I'm running Norton for avp., updated and current. Does this version of Spybot, take care of the malware? Is it safe to access a site using the links in my favorites?
    Thanks,
    Stang306