Thread: Live Monitor Whitelist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Live Monitor Whitelist

Hi, is it possible to whitelist programs so that when the 'Live Monitor > scan programs before they start' is running, it only scans unrecognized (new) programs?
    So it isn't scanning the same programs again and again, that I know to not be viruses.

No, there is no option to whitelist programs with Live Protection currently that I know of. A few people started a request for that in the beta forums a few years back:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...-List&p=487618

Well that would be nice. I don't use it because why would I scan the same programs over and over. So I'm left with less security because I can't whitelist my programs.
    Just like no company seems to want to develop a "block app only while it's not running". ? Why? These are self evident features to have imo.

Yes, a live protection whitelist would be a nice feature. I could see a newer user perhaps making a mistake and trustlisting something they ought not to, though, which might not work out for the best. A more experienced user might be fine, though. It could be that there are unknown reasons not to create a live protection trustlist, and it couldn't happen, things like that happen sometimes. All guesses on my part, of course.

I looked for a suggestion part of the safer-networking website and didn't find anything. I'm not sure if the contact form is used for suggestions or not, but I'll link it if you'd like to try that:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform