Thread: Spyware blaster??

Question Spyware blaster??

I just bought this computer 3 weeks ago and I installed Spybot S&D. In my previous computer I had S&D installed and also had Spyware Blaster installed because it was suggested by S&D. This time it was not suggested. So I was wondering if still need to install Spyware Blaster?

I noticed on my previous computer that the combination of the 2 gave me a problem free computer. What I don't know: is if it the combo or if S&D can handle it all alone.
    Please help
    Last edited by Jes219; 2006-10-13 at 08:21. Reason: worded wrong

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The reference to SpywareBlaster in Spybot was removed with the introduction Spybot-S&D 1.4 over sixteen (16) months ago. Although the reference (and link to SpywareBlaster) was removed that is not an indication that SpywareBlaster is no longer recommended.

SpywareBlaster supplements the protection offered by Spybot's immunization process. As of the 2006-10-06 updates, Spybot’s immunization process was placing 2238 sites in the restricted zone, blocking the download/execution of 962 ActiveX scripts and blocking the storing of cookies from 113 sites. Although there is some overlap between Spybot and SpywareBlaster, using SpywareBlaster in addition to Spybot's immunization process adds an additional 1745 sites in the restricted zone, blocks the download/execution of 2765 additional ActiveX scripts and blocks the storing of cookies from 170 more sites.

The software for Javacool Software which includes SpywareBlaster can be found here:

The item you are looking for is:
    • SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 released! (January 1st, 2006)

There is also a support forum for SpywareBlaster located here:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.