Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win32.Small.ddx

Default Win32.Small.ddx

I did a scan with spybot today and found this file.

I looked up some info and found that it was dangerous. I did fix it, but is there anything else I need to remove to make sure it won't come back? Anyone else had this file and can tell me any info I need to know?

It also found this statcounter cookie that took two fixes to delete. Is that normal?

thanks in advance

Bump..
    I also have this problem showing in the latest upgrade.
    Win32.Small.ddx
    I can "fix" it in spybot, but if I run spybot again, it is still there.
    I did some googling and found refrences to two files and three entries in the registry.
    I don't have these two files on my machine. (mpcsvc.exe) or (bensorty03.dll)

I found the three entries in the registry and deleted them.

c2948.dll
    z15.exe
    5adbc.dll
    Again, I searched my machine for the above 3 files with advanced search and didn't find these 3 files.
    When I run spybot again, there is still a problem that shows Win32.Small.ddx
    I use Firefox 1.5.0.7
    I quit using Internet Explorer 5 years ago and only use it for windows update.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_J View Post
    Bump..
    I also have this problem showing in the latest upgrade.
    Win32.Small.ddx
    I can "fix" it in spybot, but if I run spybot again, it is still there.
    I did some googling and found refrences to two files and three entries in the registry.
    I don't have these two files on my machine. (mpcsvc.exe) or (bensorty03.dll)

I found the three entries in the registry and deleted them.

c2948.dll
    z15.exe
    5adbc.dll
    Again, I searched my machine for the above 3 files with advanced search and didn't find these 3 files.
    When I run spybot again, there is still a problem that shows Win32.Small.ddx
    I use Firefox 1.5.0.7
    I quit using Internet Explorer 5 years ago and only use it for windows update.
    same here!

I wonder if it's an error on Spybots part? Usually if a lot of people have something, it is a false alarm. Anyone have more info?

I did a search on my computer and it didn't find those three files. I am not sure if I looked in the registry....I'm not sure how. Do you think it's something to worry about?

Thanks for the responses.

I have the same problem, did a scan with spybot and found win32.small.ddx, fixed it and scanned again, the file was/is still there.

would really like some help too..

thx in advance

Default how i got rid of win32.small.ddx

I also found this win32.small.ddx, I then type it in the Search( for files & documents)on my computer and located it there too. So i deleted it and then empty it out of the Recycle bin & it now be gone.........I hope for awhile at least.......oops spoke too soon it's back, I'll keep trying......bill PS help is still needed on this one
    Last edited by mrmalibu; 2006-10-20 at 06:32. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by mrmalibu View Post
    I also found this win32.small.ddx, I then type it in the Search( for files & documents)on my computer and located it there too. So i deleted it and then empty it out of the Recycle bin & it now be gone.........I hope for awhile at least.......oops spoke too soon it's back, I'll keep trying......bill PS help is still needed on this one
    I finnaly got rid of it,

hi,

I checked on the detection rules and there are no false positives. All your scanresults do show a real Win32.Small.ddx infection.
    It is possible that newer variants have additional files which do not get detected and recreate deleted files.

if possible please zip or rar the files you find and create a Spybot/Runalyzer log and submit it to detections-at-spybot.info ( replace -at- with @ )
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

I got the same result from a scan after updating today. The only results are cookies from the domain emjcd.com, which is just another domain used by Commission Junction (CJ) for affiliate/referral links. The argument could possibly be made for it possibly being a cookie from a site with privacy issues, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the description given for Win32.Small.ddx. So, I would consider it to probably be a false positive. I sent a log with my results to the email address posted above by Yodama.

Last edited by pogue; 2006-10-20 at 14:52.

Default how to get rid of win32.small.ddx

after putting in win32.small.ddx in Search for Files and Documents on my computer I found it there too, (which as i said earlier) i deleted it...then deleted it from the Recycle bin and ran it agian, found it and deleted it, ran it again and NO MAS..I also ran it a few more times since yesterday and.....I see it No More