I have 2 PCs, use Firefox 1.5.0.7 on both. Also use McAfee latest full security version on both, which has virus protection, firewall, privacy and other security programs.
Computer 1 is wired to a router. Computer 2 connects wirelessly to the home network. The connection is very strong. Computer 1 is 226 MHz and Computer 2 a little faster. I have DSL, 300 Mbps.
Latest version of Spybot S&D on both computers. No problems at all on Computer 1.
But on Computer 2, when I update and click on Immunize, and then go to the next screen which tells me more immunizations are available, please immunize, and I click Immunize at the top of the screen, nothing happens. Spybot just hangs indefinitely. It is extremely difficult to shut down the computer, taking dozens (literally) of attempts using Task Manager. CPU usage is 100%.
Both Spybot and Teatimer are active, since I use Firefox.
Can some one tell me what is happening and what I should do about it? If I must uninstall Spybot, please so advise, giving me instructions about all registry changes I need to make. But I really want Spybot to work.