Thread: Shredder Stuck New Clue??

Unhappy Shredder Stuck New Clue??

Hi All:

My shredder stopped working after I got a wildhair and bumped the number of shreds up to 14. Is it stuck on 14 somehow?

I have 2 computers that are alike except for how the Microsoft updates happened to get installed. They are XP home with latest updates, 2.8 Ghz, and running SB 1.4. On the other machine, the Chop takes 20 seconds. On the one above it pegs out the processor and hangs.

I thought that there may be a "bad" file in the temps after ending the process for Spybot, so I tried a piecemeal approach. I add temps, highlight and remove all but support.microsoft[1].htm and spacer[2].js. Chop and get green checks. But when I open Spybot again, the files are still there in the same place. I also tried the suggestions of SpybotBarbara in another post, but the problem persists.

Please help if you can and thanks for all that you are doing to help the average person survive on the once beautiful now heartbreakingly ugly warzone internet.

Will check back in 4 hours.

BTW, I did uninstall and re-install, but still the same.

Please help.

Cool Shredder is back

My problem was solved by going to Settings/File Sets and rechecking the option for Usage Tracking (last item). Checked for problems and fixed. Shredder is back.

Maybe using Taskmanager "end process" while shredding Temp files somehow causes Usage Tracking to get unchecked. Otherwise it is just newbie annoyance.