Thread: Help! CSpybot wont install, CPU keeps shutting down, etc

Default Help! CSpybot wont install, CPU keeps shutting down, etc

My CPU keeps shutting down without warning. I try installing Spybot but it won't let me - "An error occured while trying to copy the file". This is despite the fact that I have downloaded the setup file several times. Incidentally I also cannot install several other applications. also without sucess. My browser (Morzilla) also shuts down frequently after an error message.

I used Lavasoft and Doctor Spyware to scanned. However my problem is still not resolved.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hello,

Make sure that the fans are running and that dust is cleared from any ventilation ports in the case.

The problem can happen in both desktops and laptops, although the problem is more prevalent in laptops.

If you have a laptop with one of the one of the following processors:

- Mobile Pentium III-M
    - Mobile Pentium 4-M
    - Mobile Pentium 4
    - Mobile Pentium M / Centrino
    - Mobile AMD

If you have a desktop consider opening the case and checking to make sure the CPU heat sink is not too dusty.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Make sure that the fans are running and that dust is cleared from any ventilation ports in the case.

The problem can happen in both desktops and laptops, although the problem is more prevalent in laptops.

If you have a laptop with one of the one of the following processors:

- Mobile Pentium III-M
    - Mobile Pentium 4-M
    - Mobile Pentium 4
    - Mobile Pentium M / Centrino
    - Mobile AMD

If you have a desktop consider opening the case and checking to make sure the CPU heat sink is not too dusty.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    though I would highly recommend hiring or asking a skilled computer technician to check the inside of your desktop PC to do this. if you own a laptop and have this problem, take it to a computer repair shop in your area and let them deal with the problem. Dont try to fix this problem on your own unless you have the technical skills to fix broken computers.